Sign in to follow this  
tassardar_

2Gen IPOD Nano SQ good?

Am building my ultraportable. Just want to know if the 2gen Ipod Nano SQ gd? Else is there any really compact mp3 players that have good sq and equalizer?

If you want good sound, get the first generation Nano or Video and rockbox it

Edited by Kenshino

If you want good sound, get the first generation Nano or Video and rockbox it

IMO I think any player that can be rockboxed have good SQ and tweakable EQ settings.. but I agree nano 2G default EQ settings really sucks.

In fact, most of the factory EQ settings are slightly off, agree that rockboxed iPods will do well.

IMO I think any player that can be rockboxed have good SQ and tweakable EQ settings.. but I agree nano 2G default EQ settings really sucks.

Yeah but all the other generations have got stability issues and skipping issues with Equaliser on.

Nano and Video has the least of those issues.

Got the Ipod Nano 2nd gen today. Work great till.... WHITE SCREEN of Death zzzzzzzzzzzzz. I hope it self repairs itself after full batt drain. Else back to repair after just one day -.-

Damn, what a buzzkill. I'd suggest just going back to Apple and asking for a replacement on the spot. There's no telling how long itll take through AppleCare.

Yeah but all the other generations have got stability issues and skipping issues with Equaliser on.

Nano and Video has the least of those issues.

Taken from a website:

"As with all clickwheel iPods, you can reset this iPod by first toggling the hold switch on and off and then simultaneously pressing the select (center) and menu buttons for approximately 5-10 seconds. This is a common fix should your iPod behave unexpectedly or lock up. Once reset, the iPod should display an Apple logo for a few seconds before showing the main menu. This procedure is similar to rebooting a computer and damages none of your music or data."

I tried it few times before.. should work if your iPod locks up.

Fixed itself after a total batt drain. Some unstable 0operating system they have for an mp3 player -.-. Seems to be a common problem across the net in multiple generations. Oh well at least now I know how much "quality" is there in the Ipod build. SQ wise pretty good and since i have very little songs, apple loseless format sure is good on a 2gb mp3 player lol.

A pic of ultraportable. May change my earphones if budget allows me in the future lol. Also need to change the IC when I have time to take a trip down to jaben

[attachmentid=3682]

and now to plan on how to complain to apple.

post-2794-1163298845_thumb.jpg

Edited by tassardar_

Taken from a website:

"As with all clickwheel iPods, you can reset this iPod by first toggling the hold switch on and off and then simultaneously pressing the select (center) and menu buttons for approximately 5-10 seconds. This is a common fix should your iPod behave unexpectedly or lock up. Once reset, the iPod should display an Apple logo for a few seconds before showing the main menu. This procedure is similar to rebooting a computer and damages none of your music or data."

I tried it few times before.. should work if your iPod locks up.

We were talking about ROCKbox. And I wasn't talking about lock ups.

Heh

We were talking about ROCKbox. And I wasn't talking about lock ups.

Heh

Pai seh ... wasn't replying to you.. I just clicked reply from the last post above me. Was replying to tassardar_. Sorry for the confusion.