Sign in to follow this  
destiny_92

New but interested

HARLO,

I'm very new to this forum. I just register today after reading it for one whole day. This forum rocks..woohoo... I'm looking for a IEM. Budget is around 200. Eh i'm considering between the altec lancing IM716 and the Etymotic ER-6i. I heard that the Altec Lancing IM716 just came into the singapore market. Do anyone own a set of these and care to share ur opinions on this IEM?

Sorry but i have alot of questions....lol

EH....

Oh yarh for IEMs, which kind of the "bud" is more useful... Do u know what i mean? the spongy stuff or the hard cone one?

Where can i find shops in singapore which sell good quality IEM?

EH...

As i'm a neewdie to this Audio world, may i have some advice on the better IEMs and what defines it?

Isit the noise cansellation or the clarity?

Does a particular IEM has everything which needs to make a good IEM?

okok i'll stop here.

Please pardon my many many many questions but i really hope someone will reply....

Sorry guys...

there is a review on the IM716 somewhere if u search. if ur budget is around 200, u could look at the um1, the sf3 too.

Stereo Electronics at causeway point have a lot earphones for u to try and choose from.

IEMs do not really have noice cancellation. they isolate the noise by blocking it. every IEM has its own unique sound signature. The best to do is to go down to SE where u can try all the earphones and decide what you like.

lastly, welcome to sgheadphones! :))

Hello and welcome to SGHP =)

Firstly, I'll have to emphasize that one should take any review written for IEMs to be taken with a grain of salt. The best way for you to find out which ones you'd like would be to test them at either Stereo Electronics if you're living closer up north, or Jaben Networks over at the Adelphi building if you're living closer to central or south areas. You'd be able to test from a selection of different tips and such as well as different IEM and semi-canal models.

Secondly, know when to stop, you won't want to overspend :)

Enjoy your stay here :D

Thanks guys for the advice.

Are these ( SE and Jaben) the only two shops in singapore which carries this type of earpiece?

no they aren't the only ones. but price wise and ease of auditioning wise, these 2 are the ones.

for customer service wise i am not sure about since stereo electronics since i have never been there, but from other forummers, they seem to offer very good services. jaben is definitely good, uncle wilson is just about the best person who is around, patient and non-pushy :))

if i am not wrong hung brothers is not bad too, just avoid the moustache man, whateverhisname is............. :P

welcome to sgheadphones :rclxms:

Ok

I went down to SE today. The earpiece were kept like in secret or something..lol..

The sound is good. Probably cause i never use another one which can compare to this.

Eh...

but i have a problem now.

I need a decent mp3 player and someone suggest that nano has good sound quality. True?

I also hear from him that there is a way to put music into ur mp3 at the best qualtity. Its about ripping it from a cd and using some pragram to do stuff with it... Anyone can explain? Please....lol

If so i also hear from him, then the file per song will be bigger then is 1gb enough?

Haix so newbie...lol long way to goooooo...............

if i am not wrong hung brothers is not bad too, just avoid the moustache man, whateverhisname is............. :P

welcome to sgheadphones :rclxms:

Not really, they don't allowed you to test the IEM & I doubt their knowledge is as good as the other 2 shops.

Jaben -----> Check with Wilson

Stereo Electronic ----> Check with Aron

Ok

I went down to SE today. The earpiece were kept like in secret or something..lol..

The sound is good. Probably cause i never use another one which can compare to this.

Eh...

but i have a problem now.

I need a decent mp3 player and someone suggest that nano has good sound quality. True?

I also hear from him that there is a way to put music into ur mp3 at the best qualtity. Its about ripping it from a cd and using some pragram to do stuff with it... Anyone can explain? Please....lol

If so i also hear from him, then the file per song will be bigger then is 1gb enough?

Haix so newbie...lol long way to goooooo...............

I think Apple had already dominate the mp3 market. Their marketing strategy is the best. Their service is also good.

But talking about which mp3 player sound good is very subjective. I personnally don't like Apple mp3 player, found that they are too clean & digital.

What you can do is to try them up yourself & see which sound suit you. I only can think of these 4 popular brands, Apple, Iriver, Iaudio & Creative no doubt they are others.

I am using EAC to rip my cd songs. 1 song ~7MB ( depend on recording ). Do take note that higher quality sound = higher storage space.

Oh yarh as i am very very new to portable audio, i did not know how to put on the um1...lol... it was like not even in my ear. STRANGE. the earpiece like can't get into my ear canal.

ANother thing, i will be able to get a 2 months old um1 for 120. Is this a good deal?

Hmm....

How to decide....

So that means he paid 40 bucks to use it for two months.

I just check the ipod site. The nano 2gb comes at 248... so, in total, i will have to spent like 400 on my portable audio... waaaaaa....

must consider....haha

Haha...don't worry...this is just a stepping stone. One thing I noticed about ipods (the recent revisions) is that it tends to emphasize the bass a bit. I too rip at Apple lossless, takes up space pretty fast.

You might want to beware of upgraditis. Its cheaper to buy a high end now rather then buying a low end and then going through a cycle of upgrading.