Sign in to follow this  
Stereo_Electronics

UM56

please tell us more about the fake UM56s

Fake UM56's from other forums, and the user concerned apparently does not know? Pray tell, which forum this supposed counterfeit was posted? Inquiring minds want to know <_<

Yeah, I saw this supposed announcement from the dealer. I would strongly advise that he checks his facts more thoroughly before posting lest he appears foolish.

Fake UM56's from other forums, and the user concerned apparently does not know? Pray tell, which forum this supposed counterfeit was posted? Inquiring minds want to know <_<

Yeah, I saw this supposed announcement from the dealer. I would strongly advise that he checks his facts more thoroughly before posting lest he appears foolish.

So I guess customer specified UM56 is counterfeit customs is it?

Acutally the pic of the earmolds here looks like big pieces of earwax, looks damn cheapo.

I do not think it is very professional to go around making snide remarks about other retailers, especially unsubstantiated ones.

Buyers please do check your facts too from supposed offers from this dealer as there are hidden costs involved.

Edited by flu_fighter

hi there, yes i have seen the announcement and i'm very curious to know which forum and where i can see these "counterfeit" earmoulds.

i'm very interested to see them fake ones! and how can you tell if its fake (other than the first pic, thats the fake one right? if its real it sure looks fake.) perhaps you could teach us? i'm sure all of us doesnt wanna get cheated and all.

please share your valuable information. thanks!

Edited by fallraen

Actually audiologists can make earmoulds for UM1 or UM2, you don't have to go to Westone to make one unless you want a UM56 earmould. In fact, those people have been making earmoulds for hearing aids all the while.

Unless of cos, you thought all earmoulds for hearing aids are made by westone.

Cheers...

So I guess customer specified UM56 is counterfeit customs is it?

Acutally the pic of the earmolds here looks like big pieces of earwax, looks damn cheapo.

I do not think it is very professional to go around making snide remarks about other retailers, especially unsubstantiated ones.

Buyers please do check your facts too from supposed offers from this dealer as there are hidden costs involved.

Actual fact is UM56 looks cheapo unless you own the ES2 or UE10Pro.

Firstly if you read my announcement, I did not mention anything about a dealer,retailer or person. Not everyone's UM56 or UM1 or 2 are bought or made locally, I know a few customers who got the non-UM56 earmould from hongkong which are much cheaper, ( $80 including ear impressions) and they usually can collect it instantly.

hi there, yes i have seen the announcement and i'm very curious to know which forum and where i can see these "counterfeit" earmoulds.

i'm very interested to see them fake ones! and how can you tell if its fake (other than the first pic, thats the fake one right? if its real it sure looks fake.) perhaps you could teach us? i'm sure all of us doesnt wanna get cheated and all.

please share your valuable information. thanks!

Unfortunately its the real thing up there. :D

I will post another picture of my UM56 clear later. ( not working today)

I'm sure you can approach any Westone Authorized dealer to make your UM56.

Well, I must admit the UM56 looks really ugly.. I'll rather go with comply tips! :D

I read about the fake UM56 earmoulds announcement too. There are many audio forums ard.. Why get so sensitive?

Well, I must admit the UM56 looks really ugly.. I'll rather go with comply tips! :D

I read about the fake UM56 earmoulds announcement too. There are many audio forums ard.. Why get so sensitive?

Must be my photography skill..... haiz. :bash:

I suppose what some of the people here are trying to say is that:

1) If SE made such an announcement as a dealer in the "announcements" section of this forum, it SHOULD be substantiated with links, or at least pics so that potential buyers here could be warned...Its not like there are too many UM56s being posted around in "other" forums.

2) If SE had the intention of warning us readers here, he SHOULD have stated earlier(before actually being questioned) regarding the "earmolds from audiologists/dealers from HK" being the counterfeits in question and not leave feeble minds to wander which is real and which is not. Its not exactly too many "other" dealers who actually deal extensively with Westone earmolds.

imo, the molds in the first pic dont look all that bad standalone, but just imagine them in your ears.

:14-00000002:

Edited by Morpheus