Sign in to follow this  
Stereo_Electronics

UM56

I suppose what some of the people here are trying to say is that:

1) If SE made such an announcement as a dealer in the "announcements" section of this forum, it SHOULD be substantiated with links, or at least pics so that potential buyers here could be warned...Its not like there are too many UM56s being posted around in "other" forums.

2) If SE had the intention of warning us readers here, he SHOULD have stated earlier(before actually being questioned) regarding the "earmolds from audiologists/dealers from HK" being the counterfeits in question and not leave feeble minds to wander which is real and which is not. Its not exactly too many "other" dealers who actually deal extensively with Westone earmolds.

imo, the molds in the first pic dont look all that bad standalone, but just imagine them in your ears.

:14-00000002:

Point taken, thanks for the advise. B)

Regarding the looks of the UM56, not all UM56 are the same. Depending on the ear impression, the color and the treatment / finish that you choose will can make the UM56 look really good or bad.

The transparent clear + sparkle or gloss black looks good IMO.

Edited by Spartan

Guest joi-ful

^ Hey, (referring to avatar) yours is a UM56 right? Looks really unique!

How did you pay for it?

^ Hey, (referring to avatar) yours is a UM56 right? Looks really unique!

How did you pay for it?

Hehehe :D Mine is marble finished. Looks like.....Yeeeeee. Not nice. If got extra cash I'll get another one. Most likely transparent clear with sparkles. :)

Got it from Jaben.

OT. I would like to comment on the Forum Theme. The snow covering the "Edit", "Reply", etc is annoying. Cannot see properly.

Edited by Spartan

Guest joi-ful

Haha. I think glossy black nicest!

Roughly how much ah? I'm also interested. Maybe post your impressions of the UM56 with the UM1. Hehe.

Haha. I think glossy black nicest!

Roughly how much ah? I'm also interested. Maybe post your impressions of the UM56 with the UM1. Hehe.

S$179 for the impression.

Fake UM56's from other forums, and the user concerned apparently does not know? Pray tell, which forum this supposed counterfeit was posted? Inquiring minds want to know <_<

Yeah, I saw this supposed announcement from the dealer. I would strongly advise that he checks his facts more thoroughly before posting lest he appears foolish.

I have PM the user regarding this matter and due to the fact that pictures of his UM56 is reserved for his forum only, I can only provide everyone with the link.

UM56 pictures

I have sent this picture to Westone earlier this month and the below is their replies.

Aron,

I've never seen a UM56 like this before (build style with the extra plug).

The finish is the rainbow glitter that we can do. We have a few different options on that (silver, gold, rainbow)

- Doug

Westone Music Products Support Team

ph: 1.800.525.5071

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Aron, Yes I am going to double check and see what this was.

- Doug

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aron,

I talked to our lab manager and he said we do not make a mold like this. It is common to the UM56, but we do not use the glitter on the vinyl materials. We can use them on the silicone and acrylic, but not the vinyl. Neither of us are sure what the blue piece on that is either.

- Doug

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aron,

Here is a link to the UM56: http://www.westone.com/music/universal.html#um56 This shows all the options that are available. We only do them in the vinyl material. Not silicone or acrylic.

- Doug

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Based on Westone's reply, this clearly did not came from their lab unless they made a big mistake.

Anyway, I'll post the Hong Kong made UM56 once I can get hold of my customer who stays nearby.

Edited by Stereo_Electronics

Guest joi-ful

Hong Kong made earmolds only SGD80 yea?

Hmm if it functions as well as the UM56 I'm interested in gettin one.

I have PM the user regarding this matter and due to the fact that pictures of he'shis UM56 is reserved for he'shis forum only, I can only provide everyone with the link.

I think the correction should be above. :bash:

However, I do not think that this "user" at this "mysterious forum" does not know it is not a counterfeit product or an unofficial one from Westone Labs Inc.

In all the custom threads that I've seen over at the other "mysterious forum", I think this was the best glitter one I've seen. :cans:

Wah, thanks for informing me. Must keep a lookout for fake items circulating in the Singapore market.

If I find any I'll report it to CNA.

Edited by Mr. Troll