Sign in to follow this  
heowcw

CD PLAYER

Hi All,

I am a new member in this website. party.gif

what is the "hottest" and best cd player in singapore market now? anybody mind to share? biggrin.gif

Hihi, welcome to the forum.

Before answering your question? Let me ask U this, who is the best and "hottest" lady in S'pore? If U can answer that and all members on this forum approve of it, I shall try to give U an answer to the above. wink.giftongue.gif

There's no such thing as a "best" gear in sound systems. Even by narrowing your option to a certain price bracket eg $1000 will generate diverse opinions.

im new too smile.gif but i figured id venture a reply..

best?

hmm my 2 favs are:

naim CDS 3 - oh.. about $20,000

and

the Linn Sondek CD12 - with discount you might get it for a shade less than $30,000

so.. smile.gif which one are you thinking of getting?

AND the interesting thing is the Linn LP12, their very old but still made/supported vinyl playback turntable sounds better than the CD12! A fully loaded LP12 will only run you about half that of the CD12 along with a good phono stage...

Hi All,

I am a new member in this website. party.gif

what is the "hottest" and best cd player in singapore market now? anybody mind to share? biggrin.gif

Marantz CD4000

heowcw, kindly give us a budget and a peek at your music preference so that we can give constructive suggestions of our choice of cdps.

I take "hottest" meaning high sales volume and popularity and this is somewhat contradictory to the "best" lot of cdps as the latter are generally expensive. I wonder if there's a hot Gryphon or Goldmund product as they are so exclusive.....for these, I probably tag then as fantastical or a dream to behold. laugh.gif

Nothing actually. I'm quite happy with the Rotel RCD-971 as a CD Player. My real source is still my turntable. I had a Copland CDP once and although better than the Rotel, the difference wasn't justified by the price. I would rather spend more money on a TT/Cart/Tonearm. Actually I was thinking of changing the tonearm to a Hadcock or a Clearaudio. But then I may just change the whole TT.

I take "hottest" meaning high sales volume and popularity and this is somewhat contradictory to the "best" lot of cdps as the latter are generally expensive. I wonder if there's a hot Gryphon or Goldmund product as they are so exclusive.....for these, I probably tag then as fantastical or a dream to behold. laugh.gif

Don't know about the Gryphon but there is a cheap(er) Goldmund derivative in the form of a DAC. The JOB DA48. Slightly less than $SGD1K and small to boot.

Job Website

A new hi-end baby is born : Krell SACD wink.gif

AND the interesting thing is the Linn LP12, their very old but still made/supported vinyl playback turntable sounds better than the CD12! A fully loaded LP12 will only run you about half that of the CD12 along with a good phono stage...

True...BUT, you can;

1) skip tracks on the CD12

2) finish the album without getting up to flip sides

yeah.gif

The CDS3 is not in SG yet if I'm not outdated...