Sign in to follow this  
heowcw

CD PLAYER

Magazines gives you a good idea of how what products are available in the market, they look like, how they operate, how much they cost. To know how it sounds with your equipment, your ears and your taste, you'll have to make a trip down to a dealer's or a friend's place.

OT but informative nonetheless......

I was an avid reader of What Hi-Fi mag when I embrace this hobby more than a decade ago and it's informative for beginners, beyond which, one will be looking at HiFi Choice and its American counterparts ie Stereophile etc.

If one has followed What Hi-Fi reveiws closely, it's very obvious favourable opinions/accolades are often given to a certain group of British brands and the coverage of non-British gears are far and few. I think it's a patriotic magazine. Hint....all reviews serve only as guidelines and some are often the opposite of what I personally experienced.

Edited by Mackie

maybe you could get a new nad c541i for $539.

it's a detailed smooth player with an exciting sound that has IMO great styling and bang for buck.

Very true, I can vouch for that. party.gif

OT but informative nonetheless......

I was an avid reader of What Hi-Fi mag when I embrace this hobby more than a decade ago and it's informative for beginners, beyond which, one will be looking at HiFi Choice and its American counterparts ie Stereophile etc.

If one has followed What Hi-Fi reveiws closely, it's very obvious favourable opinions/accolades are often given to a certain group of British brands and the coverage of non-British gears are far and few. I think it's a patriotic magazine. Hint....all reviews serve only as guidelines and some are often the opposite of what I personal experienced.

Mackie you are correct, I dunno why What's Hifi keep leaving out MF stuffs...

You will reach a stage where even Stereovile is readily ignored. Your ears are your best reviewers. Trust them instead.

i think Naimed got the point...and you actually use your ears extensively to tweak the system to your taste. Then when you are ready to increase your budget, try doing it at a level just surpassing the threshold of pain...meaning that it causes an irreversible suffering on your cashflow driven by strong urge to achieve perfection but make sure the satisfaction lingering on even after years of listening. For those with lesser guts, try pre-owned stuffs for safety measures. Just some words to ponder. drunk.gif

Audio Analogue make some nice CDP, So does Primare and Copland.

Audio Analogue (Music By Design)

Primare & Copland (Precision Audio)

Both at Adelphi.

I have been wanting to hear audio analogue paganini

someone's selling it cheap.. 850.. thought I might catch.. but might be a little too laid back and not suitable for my taste.

rameish, have you heard the paganini? how is it?

hey, guys, anywhere to hunt for used cdp.... my budget shrink now... got other thing to spend on..

sad1.gif

ay... btw, i am a real looser!!

huangyong: singnet classified, pacnet classified, echoloft, xtremeplace.

There are always cdp like marantz cd4000, cd6000 and some nads that pop up .