ting

Ready for W1000

Went to Hung Brother and took a listen of the new AT W1000, compared with my own W100, driven by my Creek 11SE(version B ), it sound better right out of box than my W100 which has been used for more than half a year. So I was thinking to sell the W100 and buy the 1000, the funny part is when I went to Adelfi to meet my hifi friends after the audition, we talked about headphone at Electrid shop, one guy complained about going back home too late can't listen to music and those cheapo phones he tried makes him uncomfortable, I let him try mine, he was amazed by the sound and the comfort, he like it very much and just bought it from me! blink.gif So I'm ready for the W1000! headphone.gif

Here are my impression of this W1000:

The most part people complain about W100 is it's bass too fat and loose, W1000 has a tighter bass which is a big improvement;

Another thing about W100 is it's sound stage, W1000 has a more natural sound stage, wider than W100;

W1000 also has much less 'cupped hand effect' people consider a fault of W100 although it is ok for me;

Mid range is about the same with a bit more transparency;

Highs are better also, I never thought W100 been grainy untill I AB with W1000.

The sound is not so open yet, but I think with a proper run in, this won't be a problem at all.

W100 is a bit louder than W1000 out of the Creek.

Cheers

Edited by ting

wow! what a fantastic turn of events..what perfect timing man laugh.gif

how much is the W1000 at hung? (please post prices here)

also..what other new cans have they got there? smile.gif

Talk about right place at the right time!

hmm..first line of first message in thread

Went to Hung Brother and took a listen of the new AT W1000
blink.gif

Ok, lot of questions. cool.gif

I know their boss because I bought quite some stuff from them, and since read all those talkings about W1000 at head-fi, I always ask him when is W1000 coming to singapore while I wandering aroud SLS. So, when it comes, he just called me, then it all happens, and guess what, I met Ryan there while I was auditing, he also took a brief listening, hohoho party.gif

Ablaze, the link you ask me to post the price to can't open, I was told by my friend you shouldn't post price on the web, but I think it's ok. The price they mark their is about S$660, but as we all know we can bargain at Hung Brothers, so I think I can get it for about 600+ this week end?

According to the boss, I was the first one listening the W1000 in Singapore tongue.gif and they do have stock.

Cheers

Ablaze, other new can they have as I know is DT880, maybe I can do a rough compare and pick the one I like more rolleyes.gif .

They don't have A1000 yet.

The man who bought my W100 is a volunteer doing life saving or something like that, and he himself is kind of disabled person, so he used to be very stressed and need music to sooth him down. I have to sell him the phone with the 2002 leather pad which I intend to use with my new W1000, you can't ask too much when the chance comes, right?

He knew nothing about headphones, when I told him with headphone you hear more details than with speakers, he was kind of surprise. I introduced him to head-fi an headwize, sorry I can't remember the address of here, so have to give him later.

My friends all very surprised about my selling things so fast, and these (er4p and w100) are the first time I sell my stuffs. tongue.gif

Edited by ting

ting, fixed the link. anyway, its a sticky on the main page, you can see what smile.gif

thanks for the info ting, I think $660 (negotiable happy.gif) is quite a good price. I emailed the distributor before and they actually quoted me something like S$890 last time wacko.gif siao mad.gif anyway..do keep us updated on what you eventually purchase headphone.gif

ting, may I know who is the boss of hung bros?

It's not that moustache guy, is he? rolleyes.gif

I would very much like to listen to the can.. but as a student, I can't keep so many phones.. sad2.gif