Sign in to follow this  
Braxton

Creative Zen Aurvana

Creative is holding a sale soon!

this time,they are selling Zen Aurvana as low as $26 (original price $162)!!

i saw it on The Straits Time (22/11/2006)

but never take note the date of the sale.

Even at $26 will you guys get it? :beer:

Nah :ppth: ...heard that it's quite crappy.

Edited by NCMK

I'd definitely get it at $29. Cheaper than the EP630, better isolation, much better sound. Was deciding whether to trade the Zen Micro in for a free Xmod.

Problem lies in having to trade in a non-flash type DAP in order to get it for SG$29 (though I'm not sure if its strictly Creative).

With an impedance adapter of 100 Ohms and above (Shure's PA235 attentuator, 556 Ohm max, costs SG$20 @ SE, just use a multimeter to set the resistance and then seal the resistor/volume slider), the Aurvana can sound excellent, and at that price ($29) probably beat ANYTHING in terms of price/performance/isolation/comfort ratio.

Problem lies in having to trade in a non-flash type DAP in order to get it for SG$29 (though I'm not sure if its strictly Creative).

With an impedance adapter of 100 Ohms and above (Shure's PA235 attentuator, 556 Ohm max, costs SG$20 @ SE, just use a multimeter to set the resistance and then seal the resistor/volume slider), the Aurvana can sound excellent, and at that price ($29) probably beat ANYTHING in terms of price/performance/isolation/comfort ratio.

lol customisating... i lazy to do leh... i also dont know how to...

Agree with the impedance portion, at the sacrifice of bass response though.

Sorry for OTing...but you can trade in a zen micro for the xmod? Last I saw, the xmod came free only when you bought a zen vision m or w first?

Hi all,

Sitex is just 2 days away. Creative is selling their Auvana at $135, but after reading through some of the reviews, it seems that this piece of earphone is not worth buying.

I am thinking of buying a new piece of earphone, but have no idea where to start. My budget is less than $150, hopefully nearer to the $100 side. I listen alot to orchestral/classical music, and some occasional pop.

Any recommendation? I saw that the CK7 had some good reviews.

Thanks for helping.

Hi,

Get the ER-6! it costs only 80USD on amazon.com and if you like to hear accurate and non-coloured music, this is for you.

Hi,

Get the ER-6! it costs only 80USD on amazon.com and if you like to hear accurate and non-coloured music, this is for you.

If you don't mind used, the UM1 is going at about $100 now.