lucifix

*Advice Needed* ER-4P or ER-6?

So many people upgrade from ER6 to ER4p.

Am i the only unique person who upgrade from IM716 to ER4p?

Back to topic*

No use getting a ER4s if you are not using it with a amp.

So why not just get a ER4p and a ER4 P to S converter(So you could enjoys the best of both when you gotten your amp next time).

ER4p + P to S converter = ER4s

Edited by dle4e_2005

So many people upgrade from ER6 to ER4p.

Am i the only unique person who upgrade from IM716 to ER4p?

Back to topic*

No use getting a ER4s if you are not using it with a amp.

So why not just get a ER4p and a ER4 P to S converter(So you could enjoys the best of both when you gotten your amp next time).

ER4p + P to S converter = ER4s

hI, Im interested to know wat is "ER4 P to S converter" ? A device ?

Thks! :mellow:

Its an in-line impedance adapter that adds a 75 Ohm resistance to the cable of the ER4P, which essentially turns it into an ER4S.

Hi guys, thanks for the positive response.

I still have some doubts about it... they are "Also, if say 1 year later, i want to sell the er4p, would people buy it? is it still popular here?"

Also, people are comparing the er4p with the 500pth(something like that i cant remember), the e4c e5c etc. and that is the TOP OF THE LINE shure iems. Does this mean that the er4p is really one of the most top notch iems available now (unless they come up with a 4 driver iem)

and it is worth the buy?

Or would it get outdated easily esp. since it is over 15 years old now :blink:

Who currently in Singapore has te er4p? I would really like to know how popular this iem is among us.

Also, it the (er4p+p2s converter)=(er4s)? or is the er4s itself, have better sound quality or something?

I really like the fact that etymotic has made all the cables and stuff like that black now and not greed blue and red. it really makes it look wierd and uncommon from the other iems. its certainly not the nicest looking iem IMHO but i bet it has the best/comparable sound quality amongst the rest. Oh yes, amazon stocks the new models of the er4p, as mentioned earlier on for people who are looking at it.

Thanks!

Gerald

Hi guys, thanks for the positive response.

I still have some doubts about it... they are "Also, if say 1 year later, i want to sell the er4p, would people buy it? is it still popular here?"

Also, people are comparing the er4p with the 500pth(something like that i cant remember), the e4c e5c etc. and that is the TOP OF THE LINE shure iems. Does this mean that the er4p is really one of the most top notch iems available now (unless they come up with a 4 driver iem)

and it is worth the buy?

Who currently in Singapore has te er4p? I would really like to know how popular this iem is among us.

Also, it the (er4p+p2s converter)=(er4s)? or is the er4s itself, have better sound quality or something?

I really like the fact that etymotic has made all the cables and stuff like that black now and not greed blue and red. it really makes it look wierd and uncommon from the other iems. its certainly not the nicest looking iem IMHO but i bet it has the best/comparable sound quality amongst the rest. Oh yes, amazon stocks the new models of the er4p, as mentioned earlier on for people who are looking at it.

Thanks!

Gerald

Topgun has it.. he has the ER4P and the P-S cable but no longer active in sgheadphones.. I think I saw him actively posting @ here. If I remember correctly, I saw one of his nice pictures of the custom earmolds for his ER4P, check it out dude

I got the ER-4P and a DIY-ed P-S cable.

The ER-4P + P-S cable is essentially equivilent to the ER-4S as they use the same drivers, only the 4S has a higher value resistor in series with the driver.

Some may argue that the additional parasitic capacitance from the interconnects may affect the sound, but personally I think it is negligible.

Also, more drivers does not immediately mean better sound. Misconception.

P.S: I prefer the sound of my ER-4P to my HD650 at times :D

Topgun has it.. he has the ER4P and the P-S cable but no longer active in sgheadphones.. I think I saw him actively posting @ here. If I remember correctly, I saw one of his nice pictures of the custom earmolds for his ER4P, check it out dude

It is a pretty popular IEM as time has proven, and the flagship from etymotic, so there is a ready market if you decide to sell it later. I don't think it would get outdated unless etymotic releases a new, improved IEM at the same price point, which is not highly probable since they are still making money from ER4 sales.

and it is worth the buy?

It is one of the most acclaimed universal IEM (i.e. excluding customs like the UE10Pro's and Sensaphone's), and recognised as a great value. Yes, they have been compared to the top end shure's and there are some who say that they are not technically inferior despite the lower price tag, but that it's up to personal preference which one you choose.