Sign in to follow this  
tassardar_

Importing CDs from overseas

Anyone imported CDs containing DVD in them from overseas? Do the customs allow them or will there be alot of hassle with it? Wanting to import a J artist CD containing a DVD in it.

Shouldn't have any problems unless the CD/DVD is suspected to contain questionable content. Have ordered CDs and DVDs from Amazon and thus far have not encountered problems. But noticed that these days the packages come with an ICA sticker whereas it wasn't the case in the past.

Thanks for the reply. Was worried that custom will slow down my CDs

Have imported quite a lot of CDs and DVDs a while ago but not lately. So far I have no problems at all but my neighbour did encounter some issues with DVDs and he would need to get from censorship board.

For music CDs I do not think there should be any issues. Unless u purchase more than $400 and is shipped by DHL/UPS or registered mail they will be stopped at custom for GST.

Yup I think CDs (even with DVD content) are usually passed with no hassle. Be very careful about buying DVDs, though. One of two of my DVDs (bought from reputable online sellers and sent through registered mail) have never arrived - I suspect they were held up by Customs and Censorship. They used to call people to go down but now they no longer do so but just confiscate the DVD :(

Yup I think CDs (even with DVD content) are usually passed with no hassle. Be very careful about buying DVDs, though. One of two of my DVDs (bought from reputable online sellers and sent through registered mail) have never arrived - I suspect they were held up by Customs and Censorship. They used to call people to go down but now they no longer do so but just confiscate the DVD :(

Wow.. but if it is registered mail, you should be able to track it. Might take 2-3 months though.