Sign in to follow this  
quiverpool

Recommend me a headphone

I just recently bought this Line 6 KB37 http://www.line6.com/toneport/hardware.html for the purpose of doing home recording of guitars and voice. This KB37 cost around SG300

I need a decent set of headphone so I can hear my recordings.

Can you advice me on what to get, how much, where to get it and why do I need to get this particular headphone.

I am totally zero when it comes to this stuff. Thank y'all!

Hi quiverpool, welcome to sgheadphones. Many of the people here who do recordings etc, recommend the Beyer DT150.

This is a closed headphone, so you won't be too disturbed by noise in the environment while listening to your recordings. It is also neutral and so favoured by sound engineers.

Unfortunately, it is probably a little more expensive than your KB37.

Hi quiverpool, welcome to sgheadphones. Many of the people here who do recordings etc, recommend the Beyer DT150.

This is a closed headphone, so you won't be too disturbed by noise in the environment while listening to your recordings. It is also neutral and so favoured by sound engineers.

Unfortunately, it is probably a little more expensive than your KB37.

Thanks for welcoming me and thanks for recommending this Beyer. I am looking for something that is reasonable in terms of price and fits my requirements.

Is there any other?

Do you have any specific budget? Do you mind non-isolating headphones that might like out some sound? Will monitoring be the only thing the headphones be used for?

I just recently bought this Line 6 KB37 http://www.line6.com/toneport/hardware.html for the purpose of doing home recording of guitars and voice. This KB37 cost around SG300

I need a decent set of headphone so I can hear my recordings.

Can you advice me on what to get, how much, where to get it and why do I need to get this particular headphone.

I am totally zero when it comes to this stuff. Thank y'all!

Hi Quiverpool,

From your requirement, likely you would need a closed monitoring hp. Maybe you would want to take a look at the http://www.beyerdynamic.com/.

Do you have any specific budget? Do you mind non-isolating headphones that might like out some sound? Will monitoring be the only thing the headphones be used for?

I would like to buy something less than SG150. I think I would need to have isolating headphones. It would be great if I can use this headphone for listening pleasure too.

For $150 and less, Sony V6 will be another choice. It isolates and widely used by professionals for recording.

Thanks man! Where can I get this Sony V6? Does anybody from this forum sells their 2nd hands v6?

Mustafa used to sell them but I don't know if they still do. Brand new is around $150. I bought a 2nd hand V6 from this forum few months back. You might want to do a search in the classified sections. I'm sure there'll be quite a few in headfi as well.

Sony V6 is also known as Sony MDR7056 (same thing). Havnt seen this headphone on the shelves lately. Sonic wise it's a little bright. Cheap and good headphone nevertheless. Just looked, amazon has it on sale at US$63.49 before shipping (brand new). Go and get it man. But the Beyer DT-150 is one hell of a closed headphone - u sure you donty want to save up and get that? BTW the Beyers need an amp whilest the Sony is quite happy being driven out a portable CDP.

Dont know about your gear as it doesnt mention what's the built in amp specs.

Sony V6 is also known as Sony MDR7056 (same thing). Havnt seen this headphone on the shelves lately. Sonic wise it's a little bright. Cheap and good headphone nevertheless. Just looked, amazon has it on sale at US$63.49 before shipping (brand new). Go and get it man. But the Beyer DT-150 is one hell of a closed headphone - u sure you donty want to save up and get that? BTW the Beyers need an amp whilest the Sony is quite happy being driven out a portable CDP.

Dont know about your gear as it doesnt mention what's the built in amp specs.

yeah im still looking for the specs of this this Line6 KB37.

I am looking for something that is comfortable, has flat response for recording and good isolation.

I am zeroing in getting the Senn HD280Pro, Beyer DT770 or DT-150 and Sony V6/MDR7056. I have only tested the DT-770 but the rest I do not get any idea yet on how they feel and sound.

How much is this DT-150 and where can I buy it?