Rameish

Looking For A Cheap Digital Camera

Hellow anyone with experiece with the Olympus C-150 thanks (this is not a WTB as I will get it new).

Thanks

What features are you after?

High Stoage? Good res? Movie features? Optical zoom? Image quality above all?

Well the olympis brand are proberbly the best when it comes to image quality. cool.gif

Happy snapping happy.gif

Ablaze,

Yes it's gone now.

Evil,

Yes it's a downgrade. I just need to to take pictures for this website. The C-3000 is too good for that. Would prefer one with a fixed lens (no zoom) 2 megapix, but with a close up function of up to 2 cm.

Nevermind I'll check myself.

Wortel,

Yes Olys are good. I have 3 OM-1N something like 10 Zuiko Lenses etc (used to be into photography about 20 years ago).

I prefer canon..

canon A40 used to rule in 2mp category but I think it's been phased out.

My Dad has a Canon from work. Really expensive. I had a quick play with it and took picture of the control tower at the airport.

Turns out I broke the law w00t.gif

There is a law that states no taking picures over australian military installations.

I'm not sure there exists cameras with a macro distance of 2cm..of course I could be wrong wink.gif

nikon camera has 4cm i think.

Rameish, check out harvey norman's advertisements on saturdays. sometimes they have really cheap discontinued models for a very low price.

Edited by evil-zen

Actually 2-inches from object to focal plane is very close (in a non-digital camera) as the body and lens alone is about 2 inches. Anyway the C-150 goes to only 0.2 m (200 cm - about 7 inches right?)

Did you finally get a new one Rameish?

Just thought I'd give this a bump up as I was loaned the office Digital Camera a Nikon CoolPix 3500 for my internal stores audit next month so I took it home to play around first as it was yet to be opened, charged & used! The attached photo was taken just in automatic mode. Pretty nifty for what is a relatively basic 3.2 megapixel digicam. Not sure how much it cost but I believe it belongs in the affordable price range. $500~600?

Things I like the best beside the ease of use (point & click, literally & get pretty good results) the rotating lens ala CoolPix 9500. The relatively small size only slightly larger than the Canon Ixus APS cameras which is a plus compared with the gargantual size of the 9500 model.

Things that was not so hot is the battery which needs to be removed from the slot inorder to charge it (i.e. no dock to take care of charging & uploads of images to the computer other than plugging the USB cable).

DSCN0007.jpg

Actually 2-inches from object to focal plane is very close (in a non-digital camera) as the body and lens alone is about 2 inches. Anyway the C-150 goes to only 0.2 m (200 cm - about 7 inches right?)

Hope that was a typo:

0.2m = 20cm and thats near 8 inches