Sign in to follow this  
T_T|||

Post-NS job search

Ok, NS has been over for 2 weeks and my bank is now reduced to zero. I need a job badly. Could any of you suggest what jobs to do before entering uni?

Oh and if any audio shop is hiring part-timers who can work long hours HIRE ME PLEASE. A part-time job in an audio store is a job worth dying for.

Edit: Help this poor guy earn his SR325.

Edited by T_T|||

A job agency is easiest. Try to find those with only 1 month of contract or the shorter the better... Then when it's close enough to 1 month to break the contract without any penalty, ask your boss if it's possible to have a contract directly with the company in order to draw more pay... :)

Then that should earn you your 325.

normally, such agency has a clause in their contract whereby you cannot work for the company directly within 1year after the start of your contract... and the will draw comission should you turn perm...

Good try though... :))

Yes, usually so but when you do it under table... ;)

Firstly, I have to say I cannot offer any advices for the OP, but I had to speak up for this "recommend course of action" because it sounds really wrong to me...

Please refrain from doing something like this because the contract you signed IS legally binding, unless you want to screw up your life over that few hundred bucks of course...

While it's true that it's legally binding, usually people do not sue over such a small sum for which the costs of fighting is not worth.

If you want to take that advise, it's at your own discretion. From experience a lot of things happen under the table. As with the army. the rule about do but don't get caught. So I leave you to decide how you want to take that.

small sum...

From experience...

do but don't get caught...

so...the screws incident was one such experience when you got caught with your pants down eh?

in both instances, of course you have got nothing much to lose, but the other party is an operational business...you would'nt want the entire company to get a bad reputation because of you, do you?

if it even bothers you that is...

I am hesitating to use the "report" button since this could potentially implicate the forum board as you are encouraging people to commit an illegal act, much akin to encouraging people to download music "but just don't get caught"???

morpheus, you forget that it takes 2 to play the game. the agency will normally penalise the company and blacklist it, through a contract, legally-binding as you so rightly put. try as the temp worker will, but it's not up to him to decide if he'll get hired after quitting.

as with the temp worker, the company will think of it's own interest.

to the OP, if you will put in the effort, call up major companies on your own. i recommend banks (not just local ones, but american and japanese: they're some of the biggest banks in the world) and accounting departments. they have plenty of data entry and filing.

might not work, but no harm trying and possibly getting a place on the waiting list. beats having no income or paying the penalty for trying to beat a well-established system.

anyway, the agencies seem to offer 6/hr as a standard, which is pretty decent compared to what NS gives as an allowance, considering the hours. unless they are taking their cut out of the 6 dollars.

Edited by radioactive28