Sign in to follow this  
TheBeginner

Help: iPod nano + UM1 => no bass ?

I bought UM1 for the iPod nano but then got problem. The almost no bass when I plug the UM1 to the Pod, but the UM1 works fine with my laptop. Could anyone tell me what is the problem? Thanks

25-ohm load of the UM1 equates to about -1~2 dB roll-off at 40Hz.

I think, for most people, that's definitely not a problem.

Unless I'm taking the numbers too seriously and the problem is indeed more serious.

my first post ^^.

Hello everyone ^^. Nice to meet you all.

Erm, yes i have purchased UM1 recently. I've burned it in for 60 hours so far, and i also got similar problem when i plug it into my iPod. My UM1 also not very good in bass department. I also feel that the stock buds produce more bass than my UM1. But the lack of bass i only experienced when i play rock/rap/heavy bass songs. When i play jazz/blues/musical songs, it turns out very good. The bass is still not as pumping as the stock buds, but it sounds better. I would say the UM1 has higher quality bass as the stock buds has more quantity of bass. I wonder if the usage of amps like Crossroad/LDM+ can overcome this problem. Anyone tries this b4?

@TheBeginner, have you tried different2 genre songs? Like jazz? I experience that my UM1 produce the most bass in jazz/blues type songs. But still it depends on the bitrate of the song. Apple lossless sounds the best for me so far.

Anyone in this forum tried black-eyed peas song with an IEM with/without amps? Does it sound good? What IEM do you use? I am really desperately searching for IEM with good bass. I tried the UE.Super.Fi.5.EB, but not impressed. I just don't feel the bass-pumping-tru-my-ears-feeling. Great to see you all ^^.

you all got play with the eq setting? try rock? i dun have an ipod but played my fren's for awhile

The usage of amps even like Crossroad/LDM+ via it's line out will let you enjoy the sound of UM1 much more.

Anyone in this forum tried black-eyed peas song with an IEM with/without amps? Does it sound good? What IEM do you use? I am really desperately searching for IEM with good bass. I tried the UE.Super.Fi.5.EB, but not impressed. I just don't feel the bass-pumping-tru-my-ears-feeling. Great to see you all ^^.

Maybe it's the lousy output of nano from it's heaphone out? Saw quite number ppl saying the heaphone out is quite sux, even worst den 1st Gen Nano. Maybe u can try amping via the line out of change a new player?