adhoc

Tubes for sale!

Hello all,

I’m regrettably releasing some tubes that I will likely never use. These tubes are the good ones culled from countless eBay purchases and tube trades – so I’ve taken the risk out of the equation for you. No wildly humming, wrongly advertised/identified and poor testing tubes to be found here!

I'm selling most of these tubes at a loss - you can check eBay for the (insane) prices many of these tubes are currently going for. The money from these sales will go towards funding my analog rig.

Before I begin, here are some important pieces of information for all you prospective buyers. Read them carefully!

*** Contact me via email/PM – first come, first served. ***

*** If you're based overseas, I charge cost for packing/shipping – no sneaky hidden profits here! You may combine items to reduce total shipping. ***

Here are links to my eBay and Head-Fi feedback.

(tubes were mostly tested on a Hickok 6000A tester: poor < OK < strong < very strong < NOS)

You may check out what other people think of these tubes here.

Detailed descriptions –

1. 1x CBS brown base 5692, testing NOS - S$80

- tests 2700/2650 (1250 min)

- brown base, green print, jet-black plates, excellent top gettering

- 100% for prints and labels

photo

2. 1x Tungsol round plate 6SN7/VT231, testing NOS - S$105

- 2900/3000 (1250 min)

- round plates, oval top mica

- missing centre plastic guide pin, otherwise 100% for prints and labels

- I have marked out the ‘key’ on the base so that you can correctly insert this tube

- purchase with other Tungsol round plate for $150/pr – they make a 5% matched pair!

3. 1x Cossor (Brimar made) black glass 6SN7GT, NOS NIB - S$75

- positively identified as a rebranded Brimar earliest make 6SN7GT

- round top mica, jet black glass

- clear top glass free from brown/black/metallic stains, indicating zero use

- rebranded as a Cossor, NOS NIB with all original inserts

photo

4. 2x matched pair black glass 14N7s, both labeled Sylvania, testing NOS - S$40/pr

- 5% matched between sections – 2700/2800 & 2650/2750 (1250 min)

- identical construction – rare black glass, short bottle, getter flashing extending halfway down tube, jet-black T-plates, additional copper support rod within

- one tube is 100% for prints and labels, the other has labels slightly rubbed off but still visible.

photo

5. 2x matched pair black glass 14N7s, labeled Philco & Zenith, same date codes NOS NIB - S$40/pr

- 5% matched between sections – 2700/2700 & 2750/2700 (1250 min)

- identical construction – tall bottle, getter flashing extending halfway down tube, jet-black T-plates, additional copper support rod within

photo

6. 1x Westinghouse (WE made) 421A, testing NOS - S$100

- Bought from Brent Jesse Recording in 2005, never used

- Western Electric made for Westinghouse Corp. – WE quality with better material, stronger vacuum and superior section matching in factory

- dual top getters and extra thick glass, black plates

- missing centre plastic guide pin, otherwise 100% for prints and labels

- I have marked out the ‘key’ on the base so that you can correctly insert this tube

- Tests 110/110 on a B&K747 (55 is ‘bad/replace’, ‘good‘ starts at 80 and maxes at 120)

- S&H is $7 for airmail to the CONUS (est. 7-11 working days delivery) delivery)

photo 1

photo 2

photo 3

photo 4

While every care will be taken to ensure that you get your tubes safely, all items are sold as-is with no warranty of any kind implied. I will work with you to resolve any problems that may crop up. Cheers! :)

Edited by adhoc