Xiao_Catz

Go ES1/2 5c or Triple! help me decide

ES1/2 5c or Triple !  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

nv done any custom be4 suddenly do cream of crops abit kia kia leh :sweat:

Edited by Xiao_Catz

i used to listen a pair of ibuds till i one shot upgraded to Westone UM2.

then couple of months later,one shot upgraded to Westone ES2. :grin:

total damage: roughly near to 1.4k

..... hardcore sia u lol

anyway i dun think i will get a top of the line custom cause i

still wanna get my N93I

but u really hardcore leh from neodynium driver shot to dual drive

i only upgrade my Ex51/81Lp to E2c from the starters only :sweat:

how u train until your hp so high one ? :P

me ah.. as long as i set my eyes on something,mostly i will get it in the end :blush:

of course must have the money lah.

ES2 caused a huge damage when i paid for it.had a hard time surviving. (i don't earn much,neither do i save)

but i must clarify that i am not an audiophile,only someone whom likes to

hang around with his mp3 player for long hours everyday.

for now since i own a pair of ES2,i don't fancy universal monitors because custom is always the best.comfort,isolation,sound,you name it.

of course not price lah!!

but i think that i could foresee once i get my hands on 2X-S,that would be another solid reason

that i won't go back to universal monitors anymore :P unless.... unless you can find some universal model which is superior to custom made.

but u really bo liao leh 2 dual drive custom y not u go ES3 or Ue 7/10 pro lol

now the only universal comparable to custom is Ws3

Edited by Xiao_Catz

boh liao?you can't use that word to describe ES2 owners :bash:

example,you have been thinking whether to get ES2/ES1 and UE universal models.

why not straightaway consider the king UE10pro or UE7pro?no pun intended.

but it's money we are talking,hard earned one that is.

ES3 is not purely for listening,as for UE7/10pro,it's even harder for me to reach based on it's price tag.

though i wanted to get ue10pro,was hold back after i read the reviews on 2X-S better performing than ue10pro.

but wat i mean is that *U* got *2* dual driver custom lol skali both the SQ are the same then u -.- liao

Edited by Xiao_Catz

won't be the same one lah.

i have read up reviews before i ordered 2X-S.

how could one just spend money blindly without reading up,on the jeopardy of 'no money back guaranteed'.

Edited by Braxton

so your ES2 can wait for mould to grow after u got your 2X-S :P

lol hit to your logic finally :P

wat i am scared of is that later WS3 the Sq is better then both ES2/UE5-c then my money

down the drain liao i cfm :bash: myself , ES1 wise i dun lost so much at least

Edited by Xiao_Catz

keep the voting coming juz a few days more

but u really bo liao leh 2 dual drive custom y not u go ES3 or Ue 7/10 pro lol

now the only universal comparable to custom is Ws3

How do you know? Have you heard(or even anyone at all for that matter) it before?

Are you really gona to let the poll decide what you gona buy?

Funny how on one hand you "whack" the bakuteh guy for comparing BOSE with something he never heard and here you are doing the same thing?

i am saying Ws3 is comparable to Customs but i nv state which custom

and i dun like ER4p cause its ugly but did i go around and pointing ppl that they are stupid

using that?

Edited by Xiao_Catz

Xiao_cats: To clarify some doubts, the same amount of drivers does not mean the same sound. Westone UM2 and UE SF5 pro are both dual drivers but they sound so completely different. Each company has their own unique sound signature. It all depends on what you like.

Well I own both the ES2 and UE10pro and coming soon Sensa ( this week I think ) and I can say that the Sensa definitely does not sound the same as the ES2, they are worlds apart in terms of sound signature. When you reach this level it is not which is better but which sound signature are you looking for. My style have always been, different kit for different genres of music, this has been my style from many years back when I played with speakers. That is why I own a large variety of Headphones, IEMs, speakers and electronics.

Go for the ES1 man, than tell us how it sounds... I'm quite curious. Hehehe :D

Both ahdui and I tried the Sensa, by shoving our friend's pair into our ears for awhile (luckilly for us our ear canals are rather big)and I love the crisp highs. It is totally different sounding from the ES2. =]

Braxton : The Sensa does not perform better than the UE10 unfortunately. If you bought it because of Ahdui's review.... how should I say this...his taste is more towards the PRaT and highs, he has a unique taste in music. The Sensa loses to the 10s overall. The sensa also loses out to the ES2 in some areas. The Sensa however offers very clean and pristine sound and crispy highs extension, so if you love the etymotic ER4 with added bass (which is quite deep) and smoother mids which ahdui and I love, than the Sensa is a good choice. :D I must say that the Sensa is not for everyone, like the etymotics.

Don't worry the Sensa is a refreshing change from the ES2.

BTW, between the Sensa and ES2, I would pick the ES2 for rock,pop, dance, trance, techno, metal, etc....

Sensa for Vocals, Jazz and Acoustic.

Cheers.

Edited by Ryner