Braxton

gapless on ipod

i try liao la cause the guide said that ipod supports gapless but not crossfade

crossfade is *a fade is a gradual increase or decrease in the volume of a source. The term can be used as either a verb or a noun. A song may be gradually reduced to silence at its end (fade-out), or may gradually increase from silence at the beginning (fade-in). Fading-out can serve as a recording solution for pieces of music that contain no obvious ending*

while gapless is *Gapless playback is the seamless playback of digital audio formats. It allows live music or consecutive tracks to be heard exactly as they are mastered, without gaps between tracks. Gapless playback is natural for compact discs or for gramophone records, but is not always available with compressed digital audio. This can be problematic for music lovers who listen to music where continuity is important, such as opera, classical music, progressive rock, and electronic music.*

so crossfade is song going to finish auto skip to next song, and gapless is song finish liao but no stop/delay before going to the next track, u try and use the method again and listen cause some songs got one and others dun have, OST wise all have

Edited by Xiao_Catz

not the same one la gapless is let the song play finish then no stop or wat so ever to skip to the next track

wa lao eh N73ME for ipod :doh:

another thing to ask:

when you are using itunes to transfer songs into your 30gb ipod,

do you assign different genre of songs to different playlists?

or you rojak together?

now my problem is;

whenever i 'add a folder to library', the library will auto refresh and

i don't know which songs or folder i have just added.

is it possible to disable the refresh thing?if not,it's very very hard for me to

assign songs into my desire playlists.

oh i assign artiste by playlist and i got 1 rojak playlist for on the go listening

once u throw all your new songs to your itunes u go *music* and go find

date added and click it , until your newest songs are at the top of the music library

Edited by Xiao_Catz

you assigned artists to playlists?

how do you do that? example,you assign madonna songs to madonna playlist,then the other artist to another playlist

i am refering to hundreds or even thousands of songs,not just a few albums.

yes i do that example like i got 300 ayumi hamasaki's song and i throw it all in her playlist and organise all the corresponding songs to albums from newest to the oldest its takes time

and if i wanna shuffle all the songs i juz manually put all the songs into one rojak playlist

Edited by Xiao_Catz

ok i know how liao.

i went to itunes options and checked 'date added'

so even if i 'add a folder to library',regardless of how many songs there are in the library,

it will still show me the 'just added' folder on the very top after it refreshes (with date & time displayed).

and wolah! i can add to my respective playlists liao.

lol happy to hear that :D

rockbox lor

and it cannot support MP4 also :cry: