viconte

Which DAP's SQ better than 1st Gen Ipod Shuffle?

To TS, since I saw an ES2 in your signature, you might wanna try the Samsung YH-J70 20GB, I tried it out with a couple of my customs and I kinda liked it, it is worth looking at if you are not planning to go out with an amp.

Well it doesn't look the best but it sounds pretty decent for it's price as well.

to be honest, the ipod shuffle 1st gen still has the best headphone out ive heard so far... ive yet to hear anything thats as good so far unamped.

thanks for all the input man ;) Yes i also agree that the SQ of 1st gen ipod shuffle quite good. Creative is rather too bassy for my liking. Never tried iaudio products and samsung players, anyone knows of a good place to test all of the players at one go?

not sure bout iAudio but u can try out all the sumsung DAP at vivocity sumsung

You could try Iaudio products at SLS, couple of shops there sell Iaudio, not sure which ones specifically

trying out stuff at SLS? :yuck:

Might get a earful if you don't know them and don't buy....

staff is not that infomative also.. :helpsmilie:

better to research first then go look there.... :cans:

or better yet, Ja??n

hear that you get better service and info there....

jaben doesnt sell MP3 players.

you might wanna try farle at funan, heard its not bad. and sansa also has a shop there, so you might also check out their players as well, good SQ

The new iPod Shuffle 1GB sounds really good. I find Creative's a little colored. Samsungs have produced some very good ones as well.

eh? i don't know, but maybe it's just me. i found that my sony NW walkman sounds better than my 5th Gen iPod, right from the 3.5mm jack. Even when i pair my iPod with Xtra X1 (listening to similar song using Senn PX100), i found they sound very similar if not better on the sony. My bro and a friend of mine feels the same though.. bass is there, mids and highs are also crystal clear.

eh? i don't know, but maybe it's just me. i found that my sony NW walkman sounds better than my 5th Gen iPod, right from the 3.5mm jack. Even when i pair my iPod with Xtra X1 (listening to similar song using Senn PX100), i found they sound very similar if not better on the sony. My bro and a friend of mine feels the same though.. bass is there, mids and highs are also crystal clear.

which NW walkman? I have an old one which looks like a lighter/perfume bottle.

Compared to a first-gen shuffle, the sound from the Sony sounds like someone covered the speakers with a piece of cloth.

hmmm the NW E series has a very good headphone out. and to be honest, the only competitor i can see to the first gen shuffle in terms of headphone out. apparently the iaudio X5 is also comparable, however i have not heard of it, so i cant say anything.

hmm is it possible your bass EQ is tuned way up? everything gets abit muffled when that happens, when its tuned up to the highest setting, and using the DTX50, its amazing you can hear music, the only thing you can hear is a low rumble that seems on the verge of blowing everything around you apart :))

the bass is DEFINITELY there, the mids also so, the highs....erm..... <_< but i STILL tihnk it has one of the better headphone outs in the market right now. :grin:

try to go for iaudio the SQ are really good. i have tested lotsa dap in the market and so far finds that iaudio products have the best sound out and equalizer. however they are kinda on the pricey side.

although i've only had a brief audition (not enuff to make a concrete statement though), i'd say MS ZUNE has one of the better headouts for a DAP on the market. give it a shot and let us know. its widely available and priced quite reasonbly AFAIK.

hmm is it possible your bass EQ is tuned way up? everything gets abit muffled when that happens, when its tuned up to the highest setting, and using the DTX50, its amazing you can hear music, the only thing you can hear is a low rumble that seems on the verge of blowing everything around you apart :))

Bass and treble are at 0. Comparing the SQ, the Sony does sound muffled compared to the Shuffle. Percussion instruments sound bigger on the Shuffle and the Shuffle has more "energy" to the sound. Comparison done using Sony MDR-E888LP.

Moreover, in a really quiet room with Sony+UM2 at 1/31 volume, the hiss is louder than the song :sweat: The Shuffle has a much lower background hiss.

I tested on Ipods like shuffle,nanos ...blah..i am not a bassy guy but the ones mentioned don give me the bassy feel at all,they may be the winner for some people's recognisation. I owned Samsung YH-J70..pretty on par with some creative ones..with X1pro amp togther with Crossroads Mylarone. HOWEVER,i just bought the DAP Meizu M6. Surprisely good even without amp. I using Beyerdynamic DT231 with Meizu M6, it has 4gb and 8gb(not launched in SG yet). It is simply hard for me not to listen to it on the move.

Anyone can just head down to SLS outside stores to check them out with their demo songs,they are good man.. Or look at the reviews for this miniplayer. No offense to anyone here. :))

By the way,i am using Flac and OGG 320kps and 192kps on Meizu M6 for testing.

Edited by Innowave