Sign in to follow this  
MalHead

MS-2 with Dark Audio Liberator - any experience?

Hi, I've finally bought my first good quality cans, ie. the MS-2, and have been enjoying the SQ since then.

Now I read about the Liberator from Dark Audio that can increase the soundstage and improve SQ. But so far, I've only read about Liberator fitting Grados, but what about MS-2?

Anyone here has Liberator with Alessandro cans? Any feedback and is this plastic thing worth the price and SQ?

Thanks.

Hi, I've finally bought my first good quality cans, ie. the MS-2, and have been enjoying the SQ since then.

Now I read about the Liberator from Dark Audio that can increase the soundstage and improve SQ. But so far, I've only read about Liberator fitting Grados, but what about MS-2?

Anyone here has Liberator with Alessandro cans? Any feedback and is this plastic thing worth the price and SQ?

Thanks.

Hi ,

Are you ordering from Dark Audio or the items available locally . I am pretty interested myself .

Probably also thinking of getting the DT normalizers .

Thanks

Actually, I don't know if it's available in Singapore, but I've sent an email to Dark Audio asking about ordering. Still waiting for their reply.

As it is pricey, I'm still comtemplating whether to get it, so now asking for opinion on these "plastic rings" whether they are worth the SQ. Cost-wise it is defintely over-priced, but from SQ point of view, how much difference will they make that qualify the investment?

Thanks.

Hi,

Alex from Dark Audio has finally replied and that the price including delivery to Asia is USD42. Very expensive indeed. He also said that felt dampers are included to make the Grado frequency response more even.

Have anyone done any mod to the Grado or Alessandro cans to increase the soundstage, or use felt dampers?

Or what do you think of these liberators?

If anyone interested in the email, can pm me and I'll forward to you.