Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Need help to build

The one at basement. I will take picture then post here.

Call it the Black Shop.

The one selling cheap is the one beside Kaichin.

Film for 10cent and carbon for 3 cent.

jason y not u get some of the stuffs that N@Z wants and send them to him??

be a kind soul wink.gif

Going to see that RS shop mentioned by Mat this afternoon. Heard the parts list is not comprehensive there so I might still post the stuff I need here. Will get back to you by this evening.

I might sneak some light reading on tangent's website at the office today wink.gif

Jason,

I found the shop & unfortunately as expected they don't have an extensive list of parts. Mostly requiring to order which will take 2 weeks. Then there's the 5% on top of the catalog price for handling/admin fees not counting the 20% customs tax when it arrives.

They did lend me a copy of their catalog & I forgot to bring the CD-ROM they loaned/gave Mat. The basic bits I need as per Tangent's website is listed in the attached image. If you can get me the parts I will pay & collect them from you when I am in Singapore.

If you need the actual RS Components parts list number they are detailed in Tangent's Part's List page.

parts_list.jpg

I'll jump into this thread. tongue.gif

Lock my CMOY thred no use in having 2. cool.gif

I think I'll go parts shopping tomorrow smile.gif We have a couple of electronic stores here.

I might have to order some parts from down south.

Edited by Wortel

Sure I don't mind Wortel. It looks like you might have the jump on me though! Keep me posted on your progress.

Oh yeah, I won't be needing an enclosure. I have plenty of potential stuff for that. I'll research more for the tools though. I can borrow my brother's soldering kit. Need to find where I put my bosch drill set & bits. I only used it once! Got a glue gun last weekend.

N@Z,

1) So you can read a schematic right?

2) Your soldering iron still works?

3) You can get/have proto boards

4) You have things like battery pads, headphone jack, volume pot, RCA, hook-up wire etc.

I'll send you a PM soon.

1. My younger brother can, I can only recall what I can from school! He will be coaching me along the way.

2. Will be using my brother's soldering iron which is used for his Remote Controlled car hobby.

3. Proto boards will need to be be obtained with the components I need for this project.

4. Not sure what battery pads are (packs? connectors? Have those already.). The rest ditto as per item 3 above.

Im sure my Dad can find me a soldering iron. He has like 4 of them tongue.gif.

See if you can borrow a luxo they rock. I think I may get away with it cause I have my young eyes. wink.gif

I unlocked my CPU with my naked eye. #$@& that was hard. blink.gif

Im still not sure what to use for an enclosure. unsure.gif

Oh yeah Luxo is magnifying glass on an arm with light inside it. My Dad has one at work.

The only thing Im stressing about is sourcing the opamp. Jarthel said he has good one for me but I cant get into contact with him.

I'm not THAT old but I gues it might be helpful for the future too. You can never have enough tools as I always tell my other half when I pass the tools section at the supermarket!

Not all but the minimum required parts list for building a basic CMOY. He listed alot of alternatives. How many extras should I need? 2, 3x?

I'll take a look at some of the diagrams later and maybe print some off.

I'll show my Dad and he can help me out. Time to start getting the components together. yes.gif

Im still trying to find a good opamp unsure.gif

Im a raw newbie to this DIY amp stuff. mellow.gif