Sign in to follow this  
dcool

Where to find V-moda Vibes Phones

In case i manage to find the OVCs, anyone wish to buy a set of them ? I will get extra if anyone wishes to "tong pang".. $20 bucks seem quite like a good buy if its good. I might just get a set just to do a comparision with them and mine and the Vibes.

I have finally managed to test the Vibes from the Ipod outlet at Suntec.

Suprisingly i was disappointed.... :angry: I expected much more from a pair of phones that cost $179. Firstly, the cord is just plain weird.. i mean the plasticky feeling of it. And the after uncoiling from the silicon holder the cord just look like a zig zag train track. It doesnt straighten out at all. And for the main event : the sound quality.. I was hoping for something that was much more than the pair that i got from HK. Sadly, i feel that lack heavy bass that i was looking for.. i am not say there was no bass.. there was but it didnt seem as much as i hope for. However the looks and the quality is definately there. But i think i will stick to my $50 pair, they seem to match the sound quality that the Vibes gives me (or even more).

Now i like to let someone who owns a pair of Vibes to try my pair of phones to confirm if my findings of the Vibes are correct.

Anyone who is keen to test them please let me know the and i will let you try them. However i will be away for 2 weeks for work in HK. I will be getting a few pairs this trip for my friends. I will be getting one more pair for spare and for anyone who wishes to try them.

See you guys in 2 weeks !

Edited by dcool

Finally managed to find time to go to the shop to get a few pair of the ear phones. Here are what they look like in their original packing. Managed to bargain the price to $45 a pair. :beer:

I also asked boss abt the OVC T25 phones, he told me that the phone are not as good as what they looks, he also told me they are made for the china market where they sell alot of MP3 player using 2.5mm jacks. And they are much cheaper over there.

He tells me that these are much better then the OVC...usual saleman talk... :shifty:

Got 3 pairs of the phones. :party: [attachmentid=3781]

post-3350-1175607530_thumb.jpg

Edited by dcool

Finally managed to find time to go to the shop to get a few pair of the ear phones. Here are what they look like in their original packing. Managed to bargain the price to $45 a pair. :beer:

I also asked boss abt the OVC T25 phones, he told me that the phone are not as good as what they looks, he also told me they are made for the china market where they sell alot of MP3 player using 2.5mm jacks. And they are much cheaper over there.

He tells me that these are much better then the OVC...usual saleman talk... :shifty:

Got 3 pairs of the phones. :party:

The Sony logo is using the wrong font, and I doubt they are made in Japan. Those are definitely not authentic Sony products. Cannot comment on the sound quality though, since i don't have a set.

Edited by iAudio_rocks

The Sony logo is using the wrong font, and I doubt they are made in Japan. Those are definitely not authentic Sony products. Cannot comment on the sound quality though, since i don't have a set.

Haha.. yeah.. i know that too.. that tag in the cord shows made in Taiwan and the package shows made in Japan.. I know its definately not made by Sony. Almost everything here is not made in Japan, mostly i believe are from China or Taiwan. But so far the quality is quite impressive for this set (to my standards). My frd tried my set thats why he asked me to get one for him too. And i bought another pair for myself and the last one is for anyone who wishes to buy them or try them.

If you are interested i can lend you mine for a week when i am back since i already bought a spare for myself. :cans:

the T25 uses 2.5mm jacks sadly....so you will have to re-solder it to a 3.5mm

the black n gold combo looks pretty interesting...able to get a pair here?

the T25 uses 2.5mm jacks sadly....so you will have to re-solder it to a 3.5mm

the black n gold combo looks pretty interesting...able to get a pair here?

I just landed yesterday, so didnt check this thread for a quite. I was unable to find the T25 over there. I only left one brand new pair, its not run in yet. If you interested, let me know. I dun think can find this phones over here in Sg. I had a hard time finding them in HK, so far only one shop seem to have them. If anyone can find them in SG, i also interested to know the price, bc i find practically almost everything in HK is expensive... except the food and their LV bags..haha

If you like to try the phones, let me know, i will try to arrange something. I believe in letting people try before committing into any purchase. :))

yes bro, very interested here....

my T25 just died today cos jerked it too hard on a bus that was trying to do a drift along clementi road....haiz...

lemme know when would u be free k? thanks!

Ok But my spare phone is now not with me, i only can pass to you this weekend. Btw can you tell me where you got your T25 ? So you actually re-solder the jack to a 3.5mm plug ? I was interested to try the T25 but was not able to find it in HK. Did you get yours in China for the same price as shown in the website ?

I will try to arrange to meet up this coming weekend.

I got a friend to buy it for me....should be around the same price...think i paid around below SGD$40...But he got it in China....

Went LHS and got the "Prof" to re-solder it for me....

Sadly, today on the way to work, the bus swerved too much....cable got caught and the jack poped out....

Can see that the 3.5mm plug is slightly bend....There's still music but it sounds like ktv music....Meaning the vocals sound far far away... Damn sad ah...

Most likely weekend going down SLT to resolder into another plug....or I'll just buy another plug and D.I.Y....

Pretty sad cos this is my favourite pair of IEM so far...much better than the T20 or MylarOnes...

Anyway heard that OVC does not produce the T25 anyway due to licensing/copyright issues...So i'll never be able to get another similar pair...considering the new batch of Vibez sound pretty horrible

Edited by jhyun

Anyway heard that OVC does not produce the T25 anyway due to licensing/copyright issues...So i'll never be able to get another similar pair...considering the new batch of Vibez sound pretty horrible

From the looks of my phones...apparently someone else is still producing them but with less bright packaging. haha...

I am quite sure they are using the same drivers as the Vibes.. I tried the Vibes and wasnt totally impressed at all. These phones seem to be better after running in. I am using them almost everyday and every track of the song that it plays just sounds much better than any phones i used before. Now i just need to find a earphone amp to try them with, the shop owner told me that it will sound much better than just plugging it straight to any MP3 player....in fact he guarantee it ! haha.. maybe i will go to That CD shop and try it out. I am sure they wouldnt mind.. hee :grin:

Btw PM me your address if its near my place i will try to let you try them before the weekend comes.

Edited by dcool

You got PM!

for the T25....it performs great without amp... to an extend i feel that it's pretty overkill to amp it.... not much of a difference. This is probably because of the more sensitive drivers.

seems like there are 2 versions of the Vibes... the original one being the more open sounding one which sounds much similar to my T25....and the later batch one which is pure rubbish....

hopefully the one that you have sounds similar as well!!!