Sign in to follow this  
Charismatic

New Dynaudio multimedia speaker

BM5A Compact

MC15

From the specs alone, the MC15 seems identical to the BM5A compact.

The MC15 is priced the same as BM5A but the latter has a wider frequency response:

BM5A

the only real different is the XLR connection cables, rather than the Phono cables that you need for the MC15's. And the small plinths ... i don't know if they also come with the compacts.

here are my babies. I've had them for less than a week. Excuse the mess.

IPB Image

Edited by captian73

YAY!!! WOOHOO! Just bought them. I auditioned a pair of Dynaudio speakers at the showroom just now which the shop keeper said sounded closest to the MC15's and the sound was simply breathtaking! Can't wait for collection next week. Will do an update on how they sound!

:cry: rich........

I guess it's all up to how much space you can afford. Getting a $2k set of speakers, but then constricting them within a small space would just kill the entire soundstage and depth altogether.

Personally, I have a Zero DAC ($200) running to a PopPulse 70W amp ($300) to a pair of Quad 12L2 speakers ($1100) and a pair of Leo Research Supertweeters ($100), all linked together with about $140 worth of Beldens and Canare cables. Throw in a pair of speaker stands I got for $250, and it costs $2090.

I'm not bragging, but I'm just questioning the price for the Dynaudio speakers.

I guess it's all up to how much space you can afford. Getting a $2k set of speakers, but then constricting them within a small space would just kill the entire soundstage and depth altogether.

Personally, I have a Zero DAC ($200) running to a PopPulse 70W amp ($300) to a pair of Quad 12L2 speakers ($1100) and a pair of Leo Research Supertweeters ($100), all linked together with about $140 worth of Beldens and Canare cables. Throw in a pair of speaker stands I got for $250, and it costs $2090.

I'm not bragging, but I'm just questioning the price for the Dynaudio speakers.