Sign in to follow this  
afbug

Iron Maiden

Anyone have or heard their lastest album 'A Matter of Life and Death'? Is it good, comments? Also I recently relisten to their old stuff and become hooked again. Eddie got me! :D I dun have their latest album, so I'm wondering if their 'A Matter of Life and Death' and 'Brave New World' is worth buying.

Also, I've look around at a few stores and they dun have 'A Matter of Life and Death'.

any iron maiden album is worth your money. maybe except for virtual XI, which is quite bad.

for their recent albums, eversince they have their 3 guitarist lineup, i would say they are great. brave new world, dance of death and a matter of life and death are all wonderful albums.tracks like the pilgrim,the reincartion of benjamin beerg and the longest day are simply awesome! :party:

try HMV or gramophone, would be surprised if they do not have it.

I have that 'A Matter of Life and Death' bought from Gramophone. It's good, and I like it a lot. Now I am a fan of Iron Maiden, :party:

Hmm.........I tried several Gramophone and Sembawang stores and they dun have. Must be sold out. I listen to the samples at their site and its not bad but not really impress yet. Think I need to listen somemore. A Matter Of Life And Death was number 2 in India and Maiden recently have their 1st gig there. So it got me interested and reckon it have to be good.

I only like B.d*ckingson (lol his name kenna sensored) as the lead singer. I think his voice is what help define Maiden. So the X and XI is out I guess. :P

Which is your fav album and song?

For me, its:

Killers:

1. Warthchild

2. Killers

3. Murders In The Rue Morgue

The Number Of The Beast:

1. Hallowed Be Thy Name

2. The Number Of The Beast

3. Children Of The Damned

4. Run To The Hills

Piece Of Mind:

1. Where Eagles Dare

2. The Trooper

3. Revelations

4. Flight of Icarus

Powerslave:

1. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner

2. Aces High

3. 2 Minutes To Midnight

4. Losfer Words

Somewhere In Time:

1. Wasted Years

2. Alexander The Great

3. Stranger In A Strange Land

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son:

1. The Evil That Men Do

2. Can I Play With Madness

3. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

4. Infinite Dreams

5. The Clairvoyant

These are the albums I have. I used to have Fear of the Dark in cassette but threw it away and never bought the CD. I have a soft spot for Killers, dunno why, but have to admit that The Number Of The Beast and Piece Of Mind is probably their best albums. Hallowed Be Thy Name is their best song and probably one of the best metal songs.

for me, its either piece of mind, or number of the beast, cant really say which i like more, in fact, i like almost everything that i have listened from them :))

for me, its either piece of mind, or number of the beast, cant really say which i like more, in fact, i like almost everything that i have listened from them :))

U like almost everything from them? Maiden fan? :party: For me, I'm more of a rock/metal listener.

Hmmm........I dun have any live album by Maiden. Anyone got the DVD Visions of the Beast?

Edited by afbug

So I found and bought the album today! :D But have not listen yet, too tired. Also bought No Prayer For The Dying. Saw Dance of Death but din buy.

Live Killers is my favourite live album. The bass riffs are stunning and the voice of Bruce d*ckinson is really dramatic. :party:

i check their discography but they dun have a album listed as Live Killers. Is it another Live album or bootleg version? Yeah Bruce's voice is quite iconic. He sound a little muffled but yet so dramatic and operatic. Harris's bass is what added character to Maiden's music.

A Matter Of Life And Death. Very impressed with it and i think it is almost as good as their classics. It took me 9 long months after its release to get it. No regrets buying it and I can say that this is one of the rare album/times that I can listen to the whole album without disliking any songs or find it boring.

I really like the song: For The Greater Good Of God. To me, this is the outstanding track in the album. Simply excellent! Great lyrics, music and tune. The overall theme of this album is about war, death and distruction but its not promoting this theme. Its questioning war and about the reasons. The songs in this album is also generally longer than other Maiden's album.

For hardcore Maiden fans the artwork and inlay might disappoint. Eddie is now a tank commander wearing a helmet and holding a rifle in the background. The front artwork is dominated by the tank and ghost soldiers. The inlay does not feature anymore Eddie as well. The rear artwork has an Eddie head with cross guns, like a skull with cross bones.

IPB Image

01. A Different World

02. These Colours Don't Run

03. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns

04. The Pilgrim

05. The Longest Day

06. Out Of The Shadows

07. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg

08. For The Greater Good Of God

09. Lord Of Light

10. The Legacy

Those in bold are what I like and think is good. Disclaimer! What I like, u might not like so.......

Also, this album is not perfect. I find Bruce's voice and the guitars are a little muffled. Like they're behind a thin veil but the drums and bass are alright.

Edited by afbug