Sign in to follow this  
kyaw

Corras

Have any of you guys seen this bedside table CORRAS selling in ikea before? I could found it in google's cache of ikea singapore but not the current ikea product listing. I know Naim users like these CORRAS.

Alternatively, any racks to recommend? budget is less than $1000.

IPB Image

You may want to try a soldisteel rack. Not too sure, how much it costs brand new. A 2nd hand 3 tier rack should be less than 1k.

I own this bedside table bought new 7 years ago, now believe discon't. It is well build, thick slabs of wood and good finishing, but as a rack for hifi....????? :blink: If you like wood rack, a mate bought a Sound Mechanic 4-tier rack ($800), in Beech finish, color's similar to that IKEA, but much heavier/sturdy and comes with spikes, magnetic shielding/grounding and all. check this out www.soundmechanics.hk

I own this bedside table bought new 7 years ago, now believe discon't. It is well build, thick slabs of wood and good finishing, but as a rack for hifi....????? :blink: If you like wood rack, a mate bought a Sound Mechanic 4-tier rack ($800), in Beech finish, color's similar to that IKEA, but much heavier/sturdy and comes with spikes, magnetic shielding/grounding and all. check this out www.soundmechanics.hk

thanks, where he bought the rack? From the website the distributor is Cadence technologies, do they have a showroom? :blush:

yeah, see this, some people used it as "hifi rack" :))

[attachmentid=3776]

rack2.JPG

For better isolation, reduce vibration, beautiful furniture, stability to hold the heavy weight of the equipment, sign of wealth.....

my mate bought from Cadence at $800, and yes, it is within the $1k budget. Agree very much tat eqipments need good support to sound its best, look at the picture, why is that speaker sitting on a open frame stand. do you there is a reason to use this type of stand instead of heavy duty 4-pillar type? Why does some headpone lover go to the extend to change its stock cable? There is a reason for everyting, and this hobby is time and money consuming. That's why mass market brands like Sony, JVC, Pana, Akira, etc. has still buyers for its boom boxes.

For that open frame stands, you've gotta ask Epos owners. I never understood it either as I've always used and liked heavy-single-pillar-filled-stands.

I must agree that there is a reason for everything. But some times it's just psychological and makes the owner feel better. But HEY! If it really makes the owner feel better, definitely to him the music will sound better!

Cheers!

Cadence Tech has a showroom stock with racks from Sound Mechanic and other speakers, amps and cables. Trouble is its location: Sciecne Park 2, and not the usual Adephi. Find some time to visit them, friendly people, and Sound Mechanic has some tweaking stuffs that are interesting, especially the cones. BTW Sound mechanic believes in wood as a partner with hifi hardwares, iso glass, acrylic & steel