chuanvs4121

Price of UE 5pro,ER4P,Um2

A view on the flipside here:

One of the reasons why I've never bought online so far is the lack of credit/debit card. My E4c would have cost a hundred bucks less, which is quite significant.

I console myself by thinking if I ever need to claim warranty, it's just a matter of popping home to get my receipt, and I should have a brand new pair within a few days, or even on the day itself. No hassle, no worries.

But.

My next possible purchase - ER4 - definitely online, seeing as to how visiting Norman Audio is practically no different from sending the set back.

Radioactive28: Etymotic doesn't have a service centre here right? And I'm in a similar situation as yours-I don't have a credit card too. So buying online is kind of impossible.

Also I tired out e3c and e4c. They sounded fine but not fantastic. ck9 had a different sound signature from shure and had better clarity. I guess that was what I was really looking for. So shure isn't my cup of tea. e500 no chance to try out. Even if I did I couldn't possbily splurge on one could I? :P

Strange you would go for er4 after e4c. They sound real different don't they?

You don't really need the Etymotic service centre. All we need in order to claim warranty is the local distributor, Norman Audio.

Thing is, the last time my ER6i had a problem, they took about a week and a half to settle my claim. I've also spoken to them about the tiny amount of accessories (filters, tips, etc) they import to sell. Frankly, the impression I get is that they're not too bothered.

And still they set the ER4 at a damn high price.

Actually, nothing strange about liking both ER4 and E4c. They're both fast and very detailed. It's just that E4c doesn't have the bright Ety signature.

@ OP: You might also want to consider the Shure E4c. It's in the same price range (local or online) as the 3 you listed, and also the same range of sound quality.

Edited by radioactive28

Norman audio is at Adelphi right? The damn big shop at 3rd or 4th floor? I had the impression they did home theater only. Never dared to walk into thier shop before. Lol. So high class, it's intimidating.

For Ety's warranty, they'll help u if u bought it online. I got my ER6i back in 05 online and there is a slight stain on the white cable. emailed them to ask about it. I was only intending to ask about the slight stain but they offered an exchange without asking for any warranty or anything. Ety's customer service is 1 of the best.

But its back in 05 and i dunno did they change their policy or not. If its still the same, then no worries for ety owners even if they got them online.

For Ety's warranty, they'll help u if u bought it online. I got my ER6i back in 05 online and there is a slight stain on the white cable. emailed them to ask about it. I was only intending to ask about the slight stain but they offered an exchange without asking for any warranty or anything. Ety's customer service is 1 of the best.

But its back in 05 and i dunno did they change their policy or not. If its still the same, then no worries for ety owners even if they got them online.

You mean you bought it from oversea and changed it locally?

You mean you bought it from oversea and changed it locally?

No la. Send it back to them and they give u a new set. But i din send as I only asking bout it. But they sent me eartip samples a few times and a new case. :thumbup:

You can hardly find a reason to regret getting the Ety. Of course, some of us will move on to higher end IEMs, but the ER4P/S will leave a good impression of what the music should sound like. Nothing more, nothing less.