Sign in to follow this  
DemonicAngelz

Another "Recommend me a headphone" thread again.

What did you buy in the end? :grin:

None! Couldn't decide at all :doh: There have been a feww comparision between the AKG K81DJ and Audio Technica ATH-SJ5 recently, but Jaben didn't have the ATs in stock while I was there.

None! Couldn't decide at all :doh: There have been a feww comparision between the AKG K81DJ and Audio Technica ATH-SJ5 recently, but Jaben didn't have the ATs in stock while I was there.

Its getting harder and harder for me to decide! :cry:

I was thinking of going down with a list instead of blindly picking lol :P

Going down with a list is fine, but you will get recommendations from the shops as well. :)

What did you buy in the end? :grin:

I don't really fancy the design of Audio Technica ATH-ES7 and AKG K530. Have also read some bad reviews on AKG K530. I think the better choice is the K81DJ, but I am afraid of the tight grip being a concern.

As for the Audio Technica ATH-ANC7, its 320Ohms impedance, I'd probably need an amp to drive this but with me spending an extra $100 on it, it doesn't seem to be worth the shot. :think: Especially when I am running tight on a budget of $200. I was thinking of buying a pair of good decent headphones for $200 first and maybe getting an amp with $100. I dun think I have the extra cash to spend on both... :doh:

If you don't fancy the looks of the ES7 or the K530 of cos you shouldn't put them in your hitlist, but as far as sound quality is concern, you should listen for yourself rather than reading into reviews. There can be 10 reasons why you should buy an ipod over another mp3 player and 10 reason why you shouldn't in the internet.

In regards to the ANC7, its 260ohms and 109dB. The ANC7 is a noise canceling headphone and most of them are design for portable, on the plane listening therefore its unlikely that Audio Technica will design something too difficult for the average mp3 player to drive. If you have a chance to drop by my store, Hung bros or Jaben, try them with your mp3 player and you'll know what I mean.

Of course, choosing an ideal headphone can be quite a headache when you can't try all of them and reading into reviews and trustin your instincts can be your only option, but given the fact you have shops like mine and Jaben, you should try and try and try and let your ears be the judge to which's good and which's not.

If you don't fancy the looks of the ES7 or the K530 of cos you shouldn't put them in your hitlist, but as far as sound quality is concern, you should listen for yourself rather than reading into reviews. There can be 10 reasons why you should buy an ipod over another mp3 player and 10 reason why you shouldn't in the internet.

In regards to the ANC7, its 260ohms and 109dB. The ANC7 is a noise canceling headphone and most of them are design for portable, on the plane listening therefore its unlikely that Audio Technica will design something too difficult for the average mp3 player to drive. If you have a chance to drop by my store, Hung bros or Jaben, try them with your mp3 player and you'll know what I mean.

Of course, choosing an ideal headphone can be quite a headache when you can't try all of them and reading into reviews and trustin your instincts can be your only option, but given the fact you have shops like mine and Jaben, you should try and try and try and let your ears be the judge to which's good and which's not.

OKAY! I decided to go down one of this days this week and try :party:

I got a ANC7 last week... They sound very well compared to its direct competition. It has the AT house sound while balanced to the lower frequencies more than other ATHs. I guess this has to do with being a NC headphone. The Bose is even more balanced lower and has a harder time with the upper mids and higher. To me the ANC7 is simply much more clear while the Bose sounds more like a much cheaper headphone.