Sign in to follow this  
Rameish

Riken Ohm Resistors/Tantalum

Okay, does anyone know where I can get Riken Ohm resistors in Singapore (they cost about US$3 each upwards) or Tantalum Resistors (they cost about US$8 each). The operative word here is in Singapore. These are all 1% resistors but much better than reg. 1%. I know Audio Note Singapore does carry some at S$15 each (for the Tantalum) but they don't have the values I need/want.

These resistors make Vishay Dales and Holco look dirt cheap don't they? LOL

Guest Ruach

You can purchase Rikens from Larry Hifi and Well Audio (at Burlington Square).

Rikens are pretty good sounding resistors, but Dales are not that bad either.

Btw, what will you be using the resistors for?

Jarthel,

Attenuators - as in increasing the output impedence of the headphone out jack and/or lowering the input from a CDP - as per Russ Andrews' CD attenuator Interconnects. I'm not making a stepped attenuator. What this does is alter the sound - usually making things less bright and the bass fuller - or course the flip side is it can lose resolution and make the bass loose.

I'm basically experimenting with different resistor values to "final tweak" the sound. Hence the need to have "pure copper" pin resistors.

ok smile.gif

well if you need tantalums, audiokit.it sells them cheap. they call it tantalium and I think it's the same as "tantalum".