Sign in to follow this  
loop_

Forum Feedback 1

I agree it has nothing to do with the posting requirements, as just to highlight that earlier on you said that mods will monitor the post closely. Which I do not see it so.

Any post that you come across as inappropriate or not closely monitored,please use the "Report this post" option.

You got me so confused. You said that you all are not/cannot be so free to see every thread so how you know whether if some threads are blatant or disruptive?

The key of this rule indeed is not stopping people from gaining posting rights but stopping from starting new threads. It is not difficult to make 50posts but it is not easy too (unless posting craps at the lounge).

If you think selling something lesser than what you originally bought at is call profit, then what is loss?

If you post regularly in this forum(Or any other sub-forum),I don't see 50 posts as difficult to achieve.

Have you heard of the word "Depreciation" and "Demand"?

Edited by dle4e_2005

I think this policy is crap, I'm been a member of sgheadphones for a while and have not been able to find something which I could constructively contribute to. Now I have a set of earphones that I'm looking to sell as I found out I didn't really need it after I purchased it. I am simply trying to get back what I paid for it. Is that wrong/Profiteering? And no, I am definately not desperate and not gonna beg. I'll just take it to some other forums then. You are surely gonna limit who visits and uses your forum. I have been actively participating in Hifi forums since the days when HWZ was the most active forum around (before echoloft and xtremeplace, just ask Mackie, he was there then) so i did not "just come in" and try to profiteer off some products that "i so happened to bring in at a good price"

Chill bro... perhaps you could have just send a PM to the mod and state this reason, I've seen members below 50posts selling stuffs at the classified section after a PM to the mods.

I'm been a member of sgheadphones for a while and have not been able to find something which I could constructively contribute to.

count this as 1 constructive post. 48 to go.

It has been a long time since I last came back to this forum. Having to recall that this is a place for hifi enthusiasts, I tried to sell my yet-to-open HTS. Lo and behold....slapped with the "50 posts and below" rule.

Profiteering? I don't think so (selling at an incredible lost of 25%, a good deal I should add...).

Why not ask first before deleting my posts? I used to participate in the discussions, bought my AKGs and my Grados from some nice folks.... (this was done off an a/c which was purged after a period of inactivity).

You want to stop profiteering? No foolproof way. It is as easy as stopping anyone from lying. You can't.

Some fools sell, some fools buy. Abandon your nanny mentally and let the forum members think for themselves.

Hi just wondering.

I have been a member since Dec 18 last year. I have also been contributing to the forums on specific topics I have knowledge on.

But My post count on the time I posted a FS is 43

I know of the 50 rule but having posted for a while in a month or so should be ok. mods can see the postings a member makes and maybe give an observation if the postings are constructive. I didn't want to post 7 postings more just to be able to post a FS it defeats the purpose of the 50 too.

Anyways. Just wanted to have my self heard. My item was bought in another forum and the item btw is a DAC. I was planing to revise the post to Reserve. =(

A suggestion: Could the Mod deleting a FS, PM the owner of the post for the reason of deletion. So as the person learns from the mistake and not do it again.

Thanks!

Edited by jojo_b2

Thanks for your comments, jojo_b2. For the record, each mod has their own way of handling things. I normally would not delete the entire thread but delete all sale information and put in a reason for deleting it.

But I also don't blame other mods for not explaining as it is very frustrating to keep having to encounter post from people who either never read the rules or more likely, ignore them.

I hope you won't take things too personally and just get involve and you will soon get your 50 posts.

Edited by heady

Thanks for the fast response heady,

I can understand administrator task as I Manage a Web based network for 21 countries on the Asia Pacific region.

This issue isn't really that big. I just want to share some personal advice, one should always base action on sound judgement. Informing others of the mistakes would at least give them an idea of the mistake and it's on the person on how to mitigate it.

I end up sending 50 or more personaly formulated emails a day plus the auto generated emails I send to inform inactivity or authentication records for failed logins. :rclxub:

Anyways, let's get back to the music. :party:

I now only need 5 post more to be able to post on the FS anyway. =)