Sign in to follow this  
loop_

Imod or not?

I guess you wont even want to jog while wearing IEM since you wont even know if a bike or lorry is honking at you from behind.

I think it's pretty safe in Singapore due to the punishment for accident involving a pedestrian :rolleyes:

But yes, it's never a good idea to be on the street with IEM in your ears. Sometime, even playing loud music through normal earphone is dangerous too...

So back to the question . . . is there a DAP that rivals or at least comes close to the iMod.

And why don't manufacturers come up with an audiopbile player. Long ago Sony did it with the cassette walkman, it was called the Walkman Pro.

So back to the question . . . is there a DAP that rivals or at least comes close to the iMod.

And why don't manufacturers come up with an audiopbile player. Long ago Sony did it with the cassette walkman, it was called the Walkman Pro.

Please read through the previous posts. There is no definite answer to your question. It depend on your usage, place of use, type of music you listen to, the amplification, the type of earphone /headphone / IEM you have etc etc...

End of the day, before you even ask this question, you should ask yourself how much are you willing to spend ...

why dont the big boyz do an audiophile quality DAP? simple economics my dear boy! :P . for eg. apple's ipods sells in the millions of units and all their tooling, stock/parts inventory and production is geared for that objective. the sad reality is that the huge majority of DAP users are satisfied with the standard quality ipod. heck, apple's itunes store sells their music in 128kbps format (hardly even close to what audiophiles demand!).

the market for "audiophile" quality DAPs are so relatively minute that they'd rather leave any and all of the aftermarket mods to mom and pop operations (like RedWineAudio). incase we view it as opportunity lost, the big boyz sees as less than a drop in the bucket. indeed, in recent years even (factory) lineout ports are virtually extinct. and all in the interest of the almighty bottomline im afraid :bash:

Yeah, I have listened to ipod 128 kbps that belonged to my daughter and how on earth these kids can `tahan' such sound quality is beyond me. Also quite amusing that scottiebabie say `my dear boy' bec I have 3 kids already!

As I have mentioned, SONY did have an audiophile Walkman called the Walkman Pro. That was ages ago before scottiebabie was even born I guess!

would the Kenwood HD30GB9 qualify? Seems like it has a built in amp, and supports their own loseless format ... other than that not very sure about the rest of it

would the Kenwood HD30GB9 qualify? Seems like it has a built in amp, and supports their own loseless format ... other than that not very sure about the rest of it

Only your ears could tell :cans:

Edited by hnx676