Sign in to follow this  
Mr_X

testing ultrasone

Guest dragonboy

but what if my ultrasone does not have warranty anymore, i juz wanna know how much would be for the repairs too~ it would be best if can contact ultrasone sg warranty directly?

If your Ultrasone isn't bought locally, I'll suggest you send direct to the manufacturer in Germany. No point sending back to the local distributor, very unlikely they'll send on your behalf.

Was reading up some reviews in head-fi the HFI780 or Proline750 is suppose to sound similar to the edition9... any commends from users of these headphones... the edition 9 is way over my budget...

Guest dragonboy

Why not try out the Audio Technica ATH-W5000? Much more affordable though not like the ED9.

Does Stereo carry the HFI 780 ?

Back in post five I noted that I had the iCans and the Proline 2500. These have gone now. I have gotten the HFI-780 and have had it recabled by Ken at ALOaudio.com with his Jenna 18g wire. To compare the UE9 to the HFI-780 from my perspective the best way is to note that I had a second UE9 on back order when I got the HFI-780s. Once I heard these I was so satisfied that I canceled my order for the second pair of UE9s and took the money difference and purchase a second Lavry DA10. Now with the recabled it is even better to listen too. Not exactly the same as the UE9 but very very good.

Back in post five I noted that I had the iCans and the Proline 2500. These have gone now. I have gotten the HFI-780 and have had it recabled by Ken at ALOaudio.com with his Jenna 18g wire. To compare the UE9 to the HFI-780 from my perspective the best way is to note that I had a second UE9 on back order when I got the HFI-780s. Once I heard these I was so satisfied that I canceled my order for the second pair of UE9s and took the money difference and purchase a second Lavry DA10. Now with the recabled it is even better to listen too. Not exactly the same as the UE9 but very very good.

Cool... Tis sounds like a gd option...

BTW how did u go about doing the whole process? ratherly what is the cost?

Guest dragonboy

I don't think getting the cables replace are cheap. You should be looking at between $400 - $600.

I don't think getting the cables replace are cheap. You should be looking at between $400 - $600.

Checked it out already on the ALO website... will cost USD$595 ~ SGD$820...

Cheaper than the edition 9... and from the head-fi forum it sounds similar to it

Yup. I got mine for about USD609 include shipping. I really like this ALO-HFI780. It is sound so good with rock and pop even better than my Grado SR325i and much comfortable as compare to it. The bass is tight and deep, soundstage also larger and sound like an open headphone. I think i like it more as compare to my HD600 also.

I only have iQube and iBasso D1 with me right now because I'm oversea. I mainly using iQube with it and feed the iQube using D1 DAC connected to my laptop.

ok... btw wat amps u using to drive these

Yamamoto HA-02 and it sounds great. Very enjoyable. I also have a setup with the Edition 9 and the Yamamoto HA-02.

Edited by slwiser

Yamamoto HA-02 and it sounds great. Very enjoyable. I also have a setup with the Edition 9 and the Yamamoto HA-02.

Are portable amps able to drive these?I planning to get either the i-qube or pico as i travel