Sign in to follow this  
Mr_X

testing ultrasone

Yamamoto HA-02 and it sounds great. Very enjoyable. I also have a setup with the Edition 9 and the Yamamoto HA-02.

I should have an iQube by Monday or Tuesday and then I will be able to see how they work with these. I have a Triple.Fi Pro 10 that I want to mate with the iQube. I think the iQube will do a better job with it than the Xin Reference beta that I have now. The Reference is more tuby and sounds great but the Triple.Fi is a bit to warm with the Reference.

That is great. Looking forward for your impression on iQube and ALO-HFI780. I personally feel that they are sound good and i like it when the iQube set to high gain.

does the source make a diff with the amp? tried the 701 with my toma... had to turn the volume to max before it was loud enuf to hear. Wonder if it will be the same for this set of cans

Let me know once how it sounds after your burn-in of the i-qube :D

That is great. Looking forward for your impression on iQube and ALO-HFI780. I personally feel that they are sound good and i like it when the iQube set to high gain.

I got my iQube today. I have been listening to it for a couple of hours. This amp really sounds neutral and that is exactly what I was after. It has all the clarity and precision required for my Ultrasone headphones. Makes me wonder why I have the home amps that I do but I enjoy them as well.

But they do the job as well on my warmer Ultimate Ear Triple.Fi Pro 10. Another great match.

There is something to be said about neutral in that it becomes a universal amp as long as you have good equipment surrounding it. Otherwise, it will reveal any short comings.

Guest dragonboy

I got my iQube today. I have been listening to it for a couple of hours. This amp really sounds neutral and that is exactly what I was after. It has all the clarity and precision required for my Ultrasone headphones. Makes me wonder why I have the home amps that I do but I enjoy them as well.

But they do the job as well on my warmer Ultimate Ear Triple.Fi Pro 10. Another great match.

There is something to be said about neutral in that it becomes a universal amp as long as you have good equipment surrounding it. Otherwise, it will reveal any short comings.

It was a fantastic match with my ETY 4P too! :lust:

wat is the vol u use on the i-qube when listening to the 780s? wat is ur source,dat would also play apart in the sound

wat is the vol u use on the i-qube when listening to the 780s? wat is ur source,dat would also play apart in the sound

I just listen to the 780s using my iQube and iMod 5.5g with the Super Cotton docking cable.

The volume that I would listen to is about 9-10 on a clock dial while using the lower gain setting.

Saw ultrasones for demo in a shop in basement of Parklane Shopping Mall, in Selegie Road. This shop sells guitars and lots of pro studio equipment. I think they are also distributor for M-Audio.

anyone knows the Tel of the store 'Monsoon at Odean near Bras Basar' or the other shop at the basement of Parklane Shopping Mall as above quote? i would like to ask if they stock the Ultrasone DJ1 or the HFI580 or 780 too? i would like to audition them if possible, thx

anyone knows the Tel of the store 'Monsoon at Odean near Bras Basar' or the other shop at the basement of Parklane Shopping Mall as above quote? i would like to ask if they stock the Ultrasone DJ1 or the HFI580 or 780 too? i would like to audition them if possible, thx

Let me know if u manage to try it first b4 me... have not got the time to call Jaben to ask about the 780

Let me know if u manage to try it first b4 me... have not got the time to call Jaben to ask about the 780

oh, if Jaben has the Ultrasone models for audition, it would be even better.....i hope they have though~

Just called Jaben, they dun have the 780 in stock. Will try calling again in a few days to check again... :cry:

But if I get impatient then I may try out the other places...

Edited by Dio

Just called Jaben, they dun have the 780 in stock. Will try calling again in a few days to check again... :cry:

But if I get impatient then I may try out the other places...

i tried a few ultrasone models at the shop called Sinamex at Parklane shopping mall basement today, they have a site at www.sinamex.com btw , but they only had the Proline series for audition, they had all 4 there, the proline 550, 650, 750, and 2500, but i felt they all didnt have much bass impact, and also were abit bright....

...on the other hand, the shop also had a M-Audio headphone called the Q40 for audition too, that one was actually quite good, it had very strong bass, quite like the AKG K518dj, but not overpowering bass like the akg, quite good overall, now i'm trying to read more bout it at headfi, the price on the box was $250, but the 'real' selling price might be slightly different? even the boss there said that one can was quite value for money.

i also went to Jaben today, and tried the HFI 650 there today, that one was not very good, was quite bass-light, overall sound i felt was worse than the Proline series.

then i also went to the Odean building in the evening to go to the Monsoon audio shop, but it was closed already by 6pm, maybe next time try again...

thanks for the update :D

will check out the Q40 but will wait for jaben to bring in the 780 to try