alleggerita

Bose In-ear Headphones.

Hey, I'm new at SGHeadphones here..I had just like to know has anyone tested the Bose's new In-ear headphones?

It's a funny pair of headphones..it has silicon earbuds to insert halfway into the ear canal, but it's not noise isolating..it's still considered open design..Just wanna know how's the sound quality like..might consider buying it if it's nice..

Currently own a Sennheiser PX200..SQ is not bad..good bass and treble, but sounds just A LITTLE bit too "cold" to me..maybe I'm too used to Audio-Technica's good mid-range..The PX200s are a little cumbersome even though it can be folded up..so wanan get something smaller and easier to carry..any good ideas other than the Bose In-ear Headphones? My budget is S$100-S$180.. :grin:

Welcome to the forum! Good thing you start your quest by asking before you buy. Most people would say that BOSE is way overpriced and that you can find much better IEM (in ear monitors) for the price. Actually, if you go to head-fi.org you'll find that BOSE is considered a four letter word (or an acronym for Buy Other Stereo Equipment :P ). I've never heard these earphones so I don't know but you might try the Crossroads Mylar X3 or the lower end Westones or Ultimate ears if you want to save money AND have good IEM's. Just go to Jaben in Adelphi (try a friday evening for free snacks and drinks!) or Stereo in Causeway Point and you can try any IEM and headphone you like.

Welcome to the forum! Good thing you start your quest by asking before you buy. Most people would say that BOSE is way overpriced and that you can find much better IEM (in ear monitors) for the price. Actually, if you go to head-fi.org you'll find that BOSE is considered a four letter word (or an acronym for Buy Other Stereo Equipment :P ). I've never heard these earphones so I don't know but you might try the Crossroads Mylar X3 or the lower end Westones or Ultimate ears if you want to save money AND have good IEM's. Just go to Jaben in Adelphi (try a friday evening for free snacks and drinks!) or Stereo in Causeway Point and you can try any IEM and headphone you like.

Well said! I will second this suggestion..

Hmm I guess you might have read the Bose in ear review in Digital Life today? Well, honestly DL isn't an audio newspaper. So the reviews on audio stuff aren't too accurate. However, based on other online sources, I can only tell you the fitting is poor and sound quality is mediocre.

With your budget, you could get good entry level IEMs, like the UM1s, sf3s, and of course the legendary Mylar3s which would leave you with enough change to pop over at the Swissotel for lunch. :P Do note however that only Jaben at Adelphi carries the Mylar3s. And they're honestly worth every praise that has been lavished on them.

Hmm I guess you might have read the Bose in ear review in Digital Life today? Well, honestly DL isn't an audio newspaper. So the reviews on audio stuff aren't too accurate. However, based on other online sources, I can only tell you the fitting is poor and sound quality is mediocre.

With your budget, you could get good entry level IEMs, like the UM1s, sf3s, and of course the legendary Mylar3s which would leave you with enough change to pop over at the Swissotel for lunch. :P Do note however that only Jaben at Adelphi carries the Mylar3s. And they're honestly worth every praise that has been lavished on them.

Haha..okay..thanks to Singapura, hnx676 and nofing for your great help..

Yeah, heard that Bose is overpriced and overrated..That's why asked for you guys' opinions before splashing my money on it..but I guess it's no harm buying the Bose and giving it a try, since it comes with 30-days satisfaction guarantee..I can return it to them within 30-days and get a full refund..haha..

Back to the Mylars, how much izzit? So the brand is "Crossroads" and the model name is "Mylar 3"? Haven't really heard of this brand..haha..and Adelphi is the building opposite Funan IT Mall I assume? :think:

Edited by alleggerita

Crossroads is the brand and Mylarone X3 is the model name. It retails ard 65. Its true that this brand is relatively unheard of but do go and listen first before making a choice. Only your ears can tell you if its good, not some brand.

Adelphi is the building opposite funan. Jaben is on the 4th floor and located in the row behind the staircase.

Hi!

I feel i need to contribute to this, esp cos i shelled out money to buy the Bose in-ears recently.

In the first place, i believe the 30-day money-back guarantee does NOT apply to Singapore, but only to online purchase, and even that does not seem to apply to Singapore.

Secondly, pls guys, do make some effort to listen to the headphones you are commenting on.

There is no positive contribution to this forum nor to readers out there in making judgements about models you haven't heard, even if the company may not be reputable. It's a matter of personal responsibilty.

As for the sound, i must say they sound VERY DECENT.

I own MylarOne x3, V-moda vibes (1st and 2g generation), KSC-75, PX-100, B&O A8, Sony EX85, Senn HD485, A900, Shure E5C, among others.

In comparison, this particular Bose offering (the in-ear, that is) is a crowd pleaser.

Sound is expectedly warm, heavy-duty bass, but also overall pretty balanced, IF you turn off bass-enhancing EQ on ur player.

Definitely much more balanced than the Vibes (compared to the 2nd generation ones which are much bassier than the 1st), more fun than KSC-75, far fuller than B&O, much more REAL than the soud EX85 is producing. Not as bassy as HD485.

Nothing more can be said about it, just that you have to listen to appreciate it.

Not the most detailed out there, but very pleasing, if good sound means ENJOYING your music rather than DISSECTING it.

Comfort wise...i need to say they ARE WEIRD. Others say they are unearthly comfortable, but that's cos i gives u the feeling that it sort of "hangs out there" on your ear. Not a snug fit. Not somethign i'm used to at all. Makes me feel as if they might fly away anytime.

But it seems after a few days, the silicone tips seem more secure in my ears now, dunno why.

Definitely no isolation, but others won't hear leakage from them either.

All-in-all, one of the nicer products by Bose in a long while.

Peace out.

Btw, in comparison to the MylarOne x3 (which i LOVE cos it's truly bang for buck), Bose IE has a richer sound, more generous, i would say...like running towards and plonking yourself in the midst of some nice full bosom.

Mylar X3 although has very nice mids (nicer than Bose IE), fails to give me as believeable a soundstage, nor as reassuring a full, warm cushion of a bass.

While i love Mylar X3 for being cheap and good, i prefer the Bose IE for a more relaxing night out, never failing to please me. The relatively affordable price of the Bose IE (compared to their previous products) helped seal the deal for me.

Good advise and nice review, although I cannot understand how it feels hanging out but gets a better fit as days go by..... anyway gald you enjoy your new IE.

Hi!

I feel i need to contribute to this, esp cos i shelled out money to buy the Bose in-ears recently.

In the first place, i believe the 30-day money-back guarantee does NOT apply to Singapore, but only to online purchase, and even that does not seem to apply to Singapore.

Secondly, pls guys, do make some effort to listen to the headphones you are commenting on.

There is no positive contribution to this forum nor to readers out there in making judgements about models you haven't heard, even if the company may not be reputable. It's a matter of personal responsibilty.

I own MylarOne x3, V-moda vibes (1st and 2g generation), KSC-75, PX-100, B&O A8, Sony EX85, Senn HD485, A900, Shure E5C, among others.

In comparison, this particular Bose offering (the in-ear, that is) is a crowd pleaser.

Sound is expectedly warm, heavy-duty bass, but also overall pretty balanced, IF you turn off bass-enhancing EQ on ur player.

Definitely much more balanced than the Vibes (compared to the 2nd generation ones which are much bassier than the 1st), more fun than KSC-75, far fuller than B&O, much more REAL than the soud EX85 is producing. Not as bassy as HD485.

Nothing more can be said about it, just that you have to listen to appreciate it.

Not the most detailed out there, but very pleasing, if good sound means ENJOYING your music rather than DISSECTING it.

Comfort wise...i need to say they ARE WEIRD. Others say they are unearthly comfortable, but that's cos i gives u the feeling that it sort of "hangs out there" on your ear. Not a snug fit. Not somethign i'm used to at all. Makes me feel as if they might fly away anytime.

But it seems after a few days, the silicone tips seem more secure in my ears now, dunno why.

Peace out.

Btw, in comparison to the MylarOne x3 (which i LOVE cos it's truly bang for buck), Bose IE has a richer sound, more generous, i would say...like running towards and plonking yourself in the midst of some nice full bosom.

Mylar X3 although has very nice mids (nicer than Bose IE), fails to give me as believeable a soundstage, nor as reassuring a full, warm cushion of a bass.

While i love Mylar X3 for being cheap and good, i prefer the Bose IE for a more relaxing night out, never failing to please me. The relatively affordable price of the Bose IE (compared to their previous products) helped seal the deal for me.

Hi!

Peace out.

Interesting review ... Care to share with us what other equipment you used with the Bose?

Fizban, I didn't see anyone commenting on ear- or headphones they haven't tried before. I did see comments on the BOSE brand in general, which in my opinion are fair to the brand. I would like to see a product from this company that merits the premium prices you have to pay for them but so far I've been disappointed.

The point of having fora like this, is to exchange views and experiences, not only of particular models but also of brands in general. This goes especially if this brand has a carefully created image of making premium products which are actually overpriced and medium performing. I refuse to go with the BOSE bashing crowd at head-fi.org and like I stated have never listened to BOSE ear- or headphones but I do know their speakers and the technology behind them. alleggerita is asking for advise on BOSE so it is only fair to make him aware of the general issues surrounding the brand. The final call will always be made by the buyer, not by those advising.

B.t.w. I like your nick, although Raistlin is my favourite character :P

Aiyo i use only the 5th gen video ipod and my laptop.

I din even use any amps to boost the earphones lor...

I dunno how come the fit is better these days...maybe the silicone molded to my ear? haha

Yeah i agree Bose didn't quite deliver in the many years before, but the Bose IE really came close to having several curtain calls...

Yep my fav is Fizban, cos raistlin just was too damn depressed!

And oh btw...do you know the animated movie of Dragons of Autumn Twilight is coming out soon??

Aiyo i use only the 5th gen video ipod and my laptop.

I din even use any amps to boost the earphones lor...

I dunno how come the fit is better these days...maybe the silicone molded to my ear? haha

Using an amp does not necessary make the earphone sounds better... But I think the source matter. Perhaps you can try comparing the Bose with others using a portable CDP or Home CDP...

Erm...oh because i bought these head/earphones primarily for portable use, so dun see a point to audition them using home rig.

There.

Erm...oh because i bought these head/earphones primarily for portable use, so dun see a point to audition them using home rig.

There.

Oh I mean for the sake of comparing the Bose with others ... sometime using a source of higher quality does give a better picture of how the down stream equipment performs...