alleggerita

Bose In-ear Headphones.

In the first place, i believe the 30-day money-back guarantee does NOT apply to Singapore, but only to online purchase, and even that does not seem to apply to Singapore.

No 30-days money-back guarantee in Singapore? That's quite bad. You already asked Atlas about it?

I was thinking if there was the 30-days money-back guarantee, I could have given the Bose a try.

If it's true that the Bose is warm-sounding, then I won't mind getting it. I used to LOVE Audio-Technica because it cheap and most of their headphones are warm-sounding. I loved my ATH-EM5, an aluminium-bodied clip-ons that sounded really good except that bass is virtually non-existent even after boosting bass using my iPod. I changed to Sennheiser because Audio-Technica puts me off with their rather bad quality, the aluminium clip-ons might look cool, but the fabric-wrapped wire sucked. Their headphones spoils quite easily. Hence my decision to change to Sennheiser.

I have to admit the PX200s didn't exactly blew me away. The only thing improved over the Audio-Technica ATH-EM5 was the bass and noise isolation of about 10-15dB. And it didn't sound as warm as the EM5s.

Guess I liked the EM5 better and I like warm-sounding headphones in general. I've tried Sony too. It is really quite good, but it gives me a feeling that it's too clinical, too cold.

If more Bose In-ear Headphones users tell me it's warm-sounding, then maybe I will get it. Still wanna make sure it's good before I splurge my $180 on it. :grin:

Edited by alleggerita

No 30-days money-back guarantee in Singapore? That's quite bad. You already asked Atlas about it?

I was thinking if there was the 30-days money-back guarantee, I could have given the Bose a try.

If it's true that the Bose is warm-sounding, then I won't mind getting it. I used to LOVE Audio-Technica because it cheap and most of their headphones are warm-sounding. I loved my ATH-EM5, an aluminium-bodied clip-ons that sounded really good except that bass is virtually non-existent even after boosting bass using my iPod. I changed to Sennheiser because Audio-Technica puts me off with their rather bad quality, the aluminium clip-ons might look cool, but the fabric-wrapped wire sucked. Their headphones spoils quite easily. Hence my decision to change to Sennheiser.

I have to admit the PX200s didn't exactly blew me away. The only thing improved over the Audio-Technica ATH-EM5 was the bass and noise isolation of about 10-15dB. And it didn't sound as warm as the EM5s.

Guess I liked the EM5 better and I like warm-sounding headphones in general. I've tried Sony too. It is really quite good, but it gives me a feeling that it's too clinical, too cold.

If more Bose In-ear Headphones users tell me it's warm-sounding, then maybe I will get it. Still wanna make sure it's good before I splurge my $180 on it. :grin:

Perhaps you should bring your rig to Atlas and asked them to let you try out the Bose earphone... They used to let people try their noise cancelling headphone... If they have a well seasoned demo pair that would be even better... All other opinion isn't that important compared with your own experience with the earphone... If they sounds good to you and the price is acceptable, by all means ...

Edited by hnx676

:)) Guess we gotta clear the air here ya? Like I said somewhere on this forum or on Hph, it's not the brand or the price that matters, what matters is you ENJOY what you're listening to and of course try to do so within your means. One man's meat may very well be another's poison. The views here represent the general unbiased consensus of the forummers. It is not meant to replace your opinions but rather to offer fair and reasoned judgement on the products you are considering.

To the TS:

I shall not delve further into the audio intricacies of the various IEMs and neither will I comment further on BOSE although the company's reputation among various audio enthuisiasts leaves much to be desired. What I want to leave with you is that music doesn't lie the the equipment you possess but rather what you discern from it. Enjoy your journey! :))

Perhaps you should bring your rig to Atlas and asked them to let you try out the Bose earphone... They used to let people try their noise cancelling headphone... If they have a well seasoned demo pair that would be even better... All other opinion isn't that important compared with your own experience with the earphone... If they sounds good to you and the price is acceptable, by all means ...

But I've heard from other people that Atlas doesn't let people try the headphones there. If I can try the headphones there, I will definitely bring my iPod Nano down and give it try. Thanks for the help from everyone here. Much appreciated. :))

I've been to the Bishan J8 Atlas before, and they let me try the QC3 with my own player. The salespeople at Plaza Singapore said I could go to their main showroom at Millennia Walk to try out their products.

Saw the Bose IE for sale at the Ngee Ann City Gramophone earlier today.

Edited by radioactive28

Yo yo....

To clear the air...

Atlas ALLOWS you to try out ALL their headphones dudes and dudettes!

Just bring ur thang down and they'll be happy to oblige (at least they looked happy when i walked in...bwahaha)

I tried the earphones out for some time before i decided to get it. Nobody hurries u there, they just politely go and do their own thang until u call for them. And then they'll clean the tips u used so thoroughly i almost thought they'd rub another hole through it.

TRY TRY TRY!

Never buy without trying cos it's YOUR cash u're deciding to part with and YOUR BRAINS that's gonna make that decision.

But Ah Boy (the topic starter), Bose IE definitely blows the px200 out of the water but why dun u try the sennheiser's px100? My favourite pair of portables cos they're so darn cheap and DELICIOUS!

Yeah! Call me cheapo! but i get turned on seriously by bang-for-buck cans.

But sometimes i know the reason to buy certain audio equipment is not solely for good sound, but just for the interest in trying and possessing the different sound signatures from the different companies.

I know, cos i'm one ;)

Yo yo....

To clear the air...

Atlas ALLOWS you to try out ALL their headphones dudes and dudettes!

Just bring ur thang down and they'll be happy to oblige (at least they looked happy when i walked in...bwahaha)

I tried the earphones out for some time before i decided to get it. Nobody hurries u there, they just politely go and do their own thang until u call for them. And then they'll clean the tips u used so thoroughly i almost thought they'd rub another hole through it.

TRY TRY TRY!

Never buy without trying cos it's YOUR cash u're deciding to part with and YOUR BRAINS that's gonna make that decision.

But Ah Boy (the topic starter), Bose IE definitely blows the px200 out of the water but why dun u try the sennheiser's px100? My favourite pair of portables cos they're so darn cheap and DELICIOUS!

Yeah! Call me cheapo! but i get turned on seriously by bang-for-buck cans.

But sometimes i know the reason to buy certain audio equipment is not solely for good sound, but just for the interest in trying and possessing the different sound signatures from the different companies.

I know, cos i'm one ;)

Haha..not too sure whether the Bose IE will "blow the px200 out of the water" yet until I try the Bose..I still kinda love my px200..haven't tried the px100, but heard other people said that the px100 has better bass due to it's open design, but i think px200 has a better mid-range..which is what I like..hence my liking for Audio-Technica..lol..

I shall try the Atlas at Plaza Singapura first..haha..I hope they will really oblige and let me try out the Bose IE..I shall let my ears be the judge at Atlas.. ^_^

Fizban, you make me want to run down to Atlas and get a pair of BOSE IEMs NOW. Lol. Now I've got to try them for myself too.

"the reason to buy certain audio equipment is not solely for good sound, but just for the interest in trying and possessing the different sound signatures from the different companies. " Aye!

Very unusual to have a Bose thread with rather neutral to postive comment without being trashed or flamed. :thumbup:

Well, ain't it a good thing? :rclxms:

Er....just go and try lor, you won't lose an arm or a leg and no audiophile snob's going to LAUGH at you for entering that supercilious store haha

I feel it's comfortable, decent and fun sounding lah.

If you dun like the sound signature den KA BOOM! even Capt Jack Sparrow won't be able to save the sinking ship

All the best guys! :blink:

Er....just go and try lor, you won't lose an arm or a leg and no audiophile snob's going to LAUGH at you for entering that supercilious store haha

If you dun like the sound signature den KA BOOM! even Capt Jack Sparrow won't be able to save the sinking ship

Actually Atlas is not really a supercilious shop... At lease not for me. I bought my first set of CD Transport and DAC from them way back... back then they are carrying Meridian and Audio Alchemy... respectable stuff within their asking price range ...

how would the audiophools laugh when they sell Kimber, WBT & Accuphase?

Well, I went down to Atlas today to test the Bose In-ear Headphones. I had a rather pleasant surprise. The sound quality is actually not bad.

Here's my brief review on it. Please bear with me if my review sucks as I am still a newbie and I don't consider myself an audiophile, haha.

Sound Quality: The sound quality of the Bose is actually not bad. Bose claims that by using their patented technology called "Triport", bass is greatly enhanced, and in this sense, they are actually right. The bass is indeed good. In fact the bass is so good, I would say it trumps my Sennheiser PX200. The bass is clear and punchy and not muddled at all. It also has a rather good mid-range, brings back old memories of my Audio-Techincas. :grin: The only thing sorely missing is treble. But this can be solved when I switched on my iPod Nano's Treble Booster in the equalizer. The lack of treble may be due to the fact that the demo set is still relatively new, and so not fully run-in. The friendly salesperson told me the demo set has only been there for a week. Out of 10, I give it 7.5 and if there's more treble I would have given it 8.5!

Silicon earbuds: Well, as we all know, the silicon pads of the Bose In-ear Headphones comes in thress sizes and is actually not meant to block out noise as to what Bose said, but when I wear it on, it blocks out quite some noise outside. So I would still consider it partially noise-isolating, which is a good thing to me. But I won't try running with it on, because even though it's slightly noise-isolating, but it's quite loose-fitting. So for comfort I would give it 6.5 out of 10.

Product Quality: Well, I would say the product quality of the headphones is actually not bad. Firstly, it looks cool and secondly, it feels expensive. For product quality, I give it 8 out of 10.

Conclusion: So in conclusion, I think this is a great pair of Bose headphones. I don't know about the other Bose headphones, but this has to be one of the best headphones I've ever tried though it lacks treble. But like I said, problem can be solved by increasing treble using the equalizer. I think the $179 spent on it will be well worth it. So I think I will definitely be getting it!! :yeah: