alleggerita

Bose In-ear Headphones.

I agree that the Bose IE's treble deserves some tweaking.

But overall very full-bodied and ENJOYABLE headphones.

BUT THEN AGAIN not something i'll take out of the house cos it doesn't isolate and it falls off like it has a life of its own.

Finally got my Bose Triport IE. Had to get it cuz I lost my Sennheiser PX200. :cry:

When I first listened to it out from the box, it sounded bass heavy and seriously lacking in treble. Then I realised the EQ for my iPod touch 8GB is set in Bass Booster. So I switched it to Treble Booster instead, and it sounded better.

Then I decided to leave it playing in Treble Booster for one night using my iPod touch. Next day when I tried it out again, finally sounded better after the burn in.

It has better treble now, but still no match for my ex-PX200's treble. But I would say the overall sound quality of it is good; it's more towards the warm side. I would have to say it's not really worth S$179, but not as bad as many people would say it is.

And the silicon buds. It's actually really quite comfortable. I wore it for over 4 hours and my ears feel absolutely fine. This can't be said for my previous PX200. I wore that for over 3 hours and I can feel my eartips getting a little fatigued. It doesn't really isolate ambient noise well, but it does isolate a LITTLE. Just a LITTLE. But there's no doubting it's comfort, at least to me. Maybe this is all due to different shape of different people's ears. For my ears, they feel perfectly comfortable and snug-fitting.

But at the end of the day, I think my previous PX200 still sounded better overall, even though it couldn't quite manage bass as well as the Bose Triport IE.

But I guess I still fell in love with my new Bose. :grin:

ha same here enjoying mine. thinking of replacing the buds with those shure foam tips.. not sure if they fit though :P

ha same here enjoying mine. thinking of replacing the buds with those shure foam tips.. not sure if they fit though :P

Tried before. Could not fit. Anyway even when the isolation isn't great, the Bose tips are the most comfortable pair of headphones I have.

Guest dragonboy

Just curious...... did anyone of you tried earphones or headphones at Stereo or Jaben before buying Bose???

:think:

I understand that music is Subjective.... but don't you feel that for the price you're paying, you could get better ones at stereo or jaben.

Haha. To each his own I guess. As long as you feel good about it and you're enjoying your music, I suppose that's all that matters.

Just went to Jaben 3 days ago and bought a Shure SE110. Also a pair of nice headphones. It's sound quality is exactly the kind I'm fond of. Good emphasis on the mid-range while at the same time managing bass and treble well enough.

I would say the SE110 is an excellent pair of entry-level Shure IEM. But it's sound signature is rather different from the Bose Triport IE that I have as well. The Bose has more bass and its treble is not as good as the SE110's. The SE110 has very good clarity.

But of course, all these is how it sounds like to my ears. Different people will think differently. Oh, but I realised even though the Bose Triport IE is not noise-isolating like the Shure SE110, I still think the Bose is more comfortable though a bit too loose. The Shure has good fit and amazing noise-isolation, but not as comfy as the Triport IE.

Oh, and I want to ask you guys here. If I say I'm not exactly an audiophile, but like headphones with good sound quality, would I be able to tell the difference between the SE110 and SE210? Should I have went for the SE210 instead?

Edited by alleggerita

Just went to Jaben 3 days ago and bought a Shure SE110. Also a pair of nice headphones. It's sound quality is exactly the kind I'm fond of. Good emphasis on the mid-range while at the same time managing bass and treble well enough.

I would say the SE110 is an excellent pair of entry-level Shure IEM. But it's sound signature is rather different from the Bose Triport IE that I have as well. The Bose has more bass and its treble is not as good as the SE110's. The SE110 has very good clarity.

But of course, all these is how it sounds like to my ears. Different people will think differently. Oh, but I realised even though the Bose Triport IE is not noise-isolating like the Shure SE110, I still think the Bose is more comfortable though a bit too loose. The Shure has good fit and amazing noise-isolation, but not as comfy as the Triport IE.

Oh, and I want to ask you guys here. If I say I'm not exactly an audiophile, but like headphones with good sound quality, would I be able to tell the difference between the SE110 and SE210? Should I have went for the SE210 instead?

did u try the UE Triplefi 10 when you were at Jaben?

did u try the UE Triplefi 10 when you were at Jaben?

Nope, but I did tried the UE super.fi 3. Didn't really like it.

Anyways, I doubt I'll be able to afford the triple.fi 10 Pro. 3 drivers, I wonder how much is it?

no need to be audiophile, i bet u can tell the diff between 110 & 210, the 210 has substantially better mids & highs with greater bass definition. i prefer the 210 to say SF5pro. on top of that the Shures are way more comfortable than ultimate ears.

Guest dragonboy

The reson why the bose triport gave you more bass dynamics is because it is a full range dynamic driver which covers a wider range but normally not as detail and accurate as the amature driver like the SE-110.

The Shure SE-110 is a single amature driver which covers more on the highs & mids, not totally flat bass but not as extensive. The SE-210 is also another single driver earphones but covers a wider range, gives you better vocal imaging and slightly more bass punch. To get more, you'll need to climb the ladder with SE-420 ( dual drivers) and SE-530 ( triple drivers).

The reson why the bose triport gave you more bass dynamics is because it is a full range dynamic driver which covers a wider range but normally not as detail and accurate as the amature driver like the SE-110.

The Shure SE-110 is a single amature driver which covers more on the highs & mids, not totally flat bass but not as extensive. The SE-210 is also another single driver earphones but covers a wider range, gives you better vocal imaging and slightly more bass punch. To get more, you'll need to climb the ladder with SE-420 ( dual drivers) and SE-530 ( triple drivers).

So which is better? Dynamic driver or armature driver?

Dual/triple driver IEMs will have to wait till I start working. :grin:

Guest dragonboy

Most high-end earphones are usually amatures... like the Westone / Etymotics / Shures / UE. The unfortunate thing is it usually require multiple drivers to cover the highs & lows. But that doesn't mean that you need to pay $500++ for triple drivers as most single or dual drivers already sound decent enough and are almost always more detailed and accurate than the dynamic drivers.

I would say that most dynamic driver earphones are more affordable as their price range usually fall below $200. And whether which is better....... I'll say depends on your budget and the type of music you listen to. If you're a basshead, most single amature driver would not satisfy you. It's either a dynamic - lot's of bass but not that detail and sharp, or a Dual amature - Controlled bass performance which is tight and clear transparent vocals compared to the dynamics. $$$$ :smoke: