zer061zer0

Grado Mod

actually i have been very interested in trying out silver cables, but have yet to find a cheap source.

here's the best local source for 7N UPOCC copper & silver. great prices too.

Neotech

Edited by sghound

ah ahfartaudio, i did asked before but i thought they were rather expensive and i am not sure about the ultimate results. i will need at least 1.5m x 4, 6m, Maybe 7 taking into consideration of the braiding, which will be close to abt $100, almost the price of a 2nd hand SR80..lol

Did u try the cables before?

ah ahfartaudio, i did asked before but i thought they were rather expensive and i am not sure about the ultimate results. i will need at least 1.5m x 4, 6m, Maybe 7 taking into consideration of the braiding, which will be close to abt $100, almost the price of a 2nd hand SR80..lol

Did u try the cables before?

yes i have, for speaker cabling.

well, it's really the cheapest purity we can get locally without touching any of that silver-plate crap. don't skimp if u wanna try silver. i think u might love the results. i did observe one thing with silver, it's got a like-it-or-hate-it holographic soundstage. plus it's a myth that it sounds bright.

for most part, i'm a copper kinda guy.

Edited by sghound

i see, i was rather fascinated with a particular silver plated recently, I am not sure why too as I always find silverpplated a little crapy but this sort of changes my opinion. So fascinated that I went abt buying a bunch of jacks to construct a couple of them to see if the effect was placebo.Do u have any experience with using some silver or plated as power cable...?

Do u have any experience with using some silver or plated as power cable...?

i stay clear of silver-plates coz i find most of them are kinda harsh sounding with maybe too much zing on the highs, generally speaking, but i'm sure there are exceptions.

for power cords i prefer copper with silver-plated ground. the silver-plates conduct faster than copper and i find it effective as ground hookup. i'm using a version of Chris Ven Haus' Flavor 4. this consists of 2 twisted runs of Belden 83802 (12 gauge) each for live & neutral plus 1 run of Belden 83030 (16 gauge) counter-twisted over the 83802. termination is hospital grade US Marinco plugs with Wattgate IEC. the US pins can accomodate thicker gauges (dual 12 gauge) that the tiny UK ones cannot. this PC contributes a super-silent, dark background to your overall sound. it flushes out details very well and has thunderous bass. use it on source and amp for max effect. the main drawback is that the PC is super-stiff.

i actually have a silver plated power cord, and after trying several belden sort of PC, I am quite sure that what i need is a flexible cable, as u might have seen from my avatar, the number of cables that run underneath my desk are like a maze, and stiffness can really cause some problem.

Previously I have also read somewhere that the silver plated cables conduct faster then copper, i have also mod my xiangsheng with SPC as the gnd wire, but as the mods can more and more complicated i sort of forgotten about it and have all my hookups with a belden SPC. Sort of regretting now as I am sure that I like the solidcore cables sound right from the beginning but curiousity just bring me ard to all the unecessary place :P, but i doubt i will be having another round of mods for the XS.

I am abt to get a new power cable and perhaps complete my build for lm3886 which have been lying ard for a while and a mod for my Lite Ah, but not sure if there is anyone with prior experience on it.

What would u recommend as a powercord something more flexible but i wanna try out using the silver as gnd. but i will need UK plug termination.

What would u recommend as a powercord something more flexible but i wanna try out using the silver as gnd. but i will need UK plug termination.

the best PC i've come across using UK plug is the Belden 19364. it's 14 gauge and nicely flexible, 3-core bare copper no silver. what's special about it is the Beldfoil shielding which uses alu foil-polyester tape. terminate them with the not-so-overpriced Furutech pure copper Fi-15E iec pure copper rhodium plated & red MK hospital-grade UK plug. u'll get a PC that can be very hard to beat. excellent price performance ratio.

Edited by sghound

the Furutechs are rhodium plated, and i find them to be very much better than gold plates. not sure of current prices, pls check with Musiclink

Edited by sghound

i have that cable but terminated with red hospital plugs and shurter iec, how much are the furutech.

just saw the Furutech Fi-15 rhodium today at Musiclink going for $40. what a steal considering the economy Wattgate gold-plate is $35.

Edited by sghound