Sign in to follow this  
loop_

Dugood Headphone amplifier / preamp

using it with Senn 600 & Beyer 531. a perfect match with 600. the Dugood has ultra smooth mids & highs with good detail giving the dark-sounding Senns some life. slightly thin but taut bass which keeps the Senn's lower end in check. good synergy and drive. internals can be modded for further improvement. plus at that price, it's a no-brainer.

but it sounds too bright with my AKG 701 and Beyer 831, both cans which have lively upper end.

it's all about matching really so Loop, what cans are u using?

Edited by sghound

interesting neat looking amp. any idea if its good with MS1/ rock music?

the only way u'll know is to go to ahfart audio and try.

i'm using a hd600, but have no need for a new amp atm...just curious... :P

HD600? nice and it needs good amp. the dugood will bring the best out of it. i understand that the dugood was voiced and designed with the HD600 so it will make a natural partner.

Edited by sghound

I do hope this means you are partnering the HD-600 with an amp cos the HD-600 really needs an amp to sound good.

Don't need any amp at the moment? Those HD600s are pretty hard to drive arent they?

Anyway, no offense.. but i'm extra weary when it comes to China-made goods = need more assurance. Any other comments/reviews?

Anyway, no offense.. but i'm extra weary when it comes to China-made goods = need more assurance. Any other comments/reviews?

i'm also very weary. but this dugood is doin' real fine for about a year now. no problems whatsoever.

teh china made goods are that bad, just that maybe some small parts are usually cheaper ones but should not break down or cos any problems like that

pretty old thread. it's a fine preamp with 2 output, so u can A/B different cans at the same time. last check with Robert, they still carry it. can upgrade the components within