Sign in to follow this  
vii_haven

Earpeace Livewires

Just wanted to share about something I've just collect my set from Jaben Networks yesterday. Thanks Uncle Wilson! My first impressions of these [sub $500, dual driver, made in USA, custom IEM]? These things are definitely not worth the money you pay.

BECAUSE IT SOUNDS LIKE IT COSTS SO MUCH MORE! Haha.

My take on it? If you're considering spending money on a UM2, or anything above that, you should just get this. There's no doubt that this sounds better, and fits better (than any most universal IEMs in this price range).

Will post a short review in the next week or so after i've had some ear time with it. =) So in the meantime, just a few teaser pics.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Cool! Very tempting. What was the total cost including the impressions & where did you go to get them done?

How come you decided to have both sides in red & ont one blue & one red to tell left from right?

As mentioned, the price is sub $500 SGD (in simple English, it means it's less than 500 SGD). =) For exact pricing and details, you can go down to Jaben and have a chat with Uncle Wilson. Impressions were done at Jaben itself as well. One stop solution for all your problems. Haha.

Well, no offence to anyone but i thought the one-side-red-one-side-blue idea was kinda cheesy. So i opted to have both sides in red. They do have other color options though. There are colored dots on each of the ear pieces to tell you which is left and which is right. =)

As mentioned, the price is sub $500 SGD (in simple English, it means it's less than 500 SGD). =) For exact pricing and details, you can go down to Jaben and have a chat with Uncle Wilson. Impressions were done at Jaben itself as well. One stop solution for all your problems. Haha.

Well, no offence to anyone but i thought the one-side-red-one-side-blue idea was kinda cheesy. So i opted to have both sides in red. They do have other color options though. There are colored dots on each of the ear pieces to tell you which is left and which is right. =)

haha, thanks for the reply. I know what sub-$500 means B) Pretty good deal as you said compared to anything else similar in IEMs. Wow, din noe Uncle Wilson was qualified audiologist too. :whistle:

Er, red looks like blood in your ears, haha :grin:

The audiologist part is tricky. But having your impressions done at Jaben saves time and money. And is doing the impressions painful. I saw one guy having his done probably for the Livewires and he had to do it like 5 times and he was grimacing each time the wire or whatever strange contraption it was went into his ear.

if I understand correctly, Jaben will do the impressions for you for free (or already included in the price), or you can opt to go to an audiologist to make impressions (and you pay the audiologist). What could be better? You have the choice to get it done for less, or you can go to a pro to do it - the choice is yours.

As for the question of whether it is beneficial to be done by a pro, well, that's the tricky question. It doesn't seem to be that difficult, and i think there are even diy home kits to make impressions in the US. But the choice is yours :)

One day, i'm going to get impressions done either for the livewires or for the um56. Hmm...

Well, certified or not, i have made impressions at Jaben for both custom sleeves (for my UM2) and the impressions for the Livewires and they both came out really well.

Edited by vii_haven

Dang those look great. They're almost exactly what I had in mind when I had my ES2 made last year. I wished my ES2 had turned out as pretty.

Yea, the impressions scare me. If anything screws up that better not be it because I only have one pair of ears. Then again so many of you guys have had the impressions done at Jaben. Looks like my wallet will decide on this one. Lol.

Yea, the impressions scare me. If anything screws up that better not be it because I only have one pair of ears. Then again so many of you guys have had the impressions done at Jaben. Looks like my wallet will decide on this one. Lol.

Aiyah, so many have had them done at Jaben with no problems at all so nothing to worry about. :thumbup: It's not like there'll be hot wax poured into your ears right? (Or is it? haha :sweat: ). Best of all if can save money why not. :whistle:

Aiyah, so many have had them done at Jaben with no problems at all so nothing to worry about. :thumbup: It's not like there'll be hot wax poured into your ears right? (Or is it? haha :sweat: ). Best of all if can save money why not. :whistle:

I never had ear impressions done before but with Wilson's experience, by now, I doubt anything can go wrong. I don't even think there can be any pain. Perhaps when removing the mold. The ear canal got tiny hairs which you know.... (think waxing for ladies :grin: ).

Of course the sensation of having your ears plugged up with cold wet stuff must be disconcerting, which probably is why people grimace during the procedure. Hey, no pain, no gain. :P

I just got my UM56 from Jaben, so I'll chip in some relevant/OT bits:

The molding process isn't quite so bad, but letting anything get that near to my eardrums, I had some worries, naturally. It wasn't a painful process, but having something fluid and solid at the time fill up the canal felt weird.

Having the sound directed straight at the eardrum will really open up your listening experience, be they full customs or not, IMHO. My e4c on complys pointed the sound to the side of my canals and sounded comparatively muffled.

I never had ear impressions done before but with Wilson's experience, by now, I doubt anything can go wrong. I don't even think there can be any pain. Perhaps when removing the mold. The ear canal got tiny hairs which you know.... (think waxing for ladies :grin: ).

Of course the sensation of having your ears plugged up with cold wet stuff must be disconcerting, which probably is why people grimace during the procedure. Hey, no pain, no gain. :P

Eh our ear hair is not like the hair on ladies legs and wherever else there's unwanted hair. Wax off your ear hair somehow you better hope you know sign language. Lol.

I just got my UM56 from Jaben, so I'll chip in some relevant/OT bits:

The molding process isn't quite so bad, but letting anything get that near to my eardrums, I had some worries, naturally. It wasn't a painful process, but having something fluid and solid at the time fill up the canal felt weird.

Having the sound directed straight at the eardrum will really open up your listening experience, be they full customs or not, IMHO. My e4c on complys pointed the sound to the side of my canals and sounded comparatively muffled.

Which method did you all use? The closed mouth or half-closed bite on something method which is suppose to give better fit?