Sign in to follow this  
mychew

Whats the difference between a music lover and an

Just wanna know how u define them or maybe differentiate between audiophile and music lover. As these two terms are quite confusing. Would have an open discussion here smile.gif

Audiophile needs to spend mega cash to get sound that he likes.

hm..

all I know is audiophile spends lots and lots of $$ in sound system.

Music lover can just mean anyone who loves to listen to music, even out of a humble 20 dollar earphone.

actually. Audiophiles are the people that can hear the difference in expensive gear. Where as Music lovers cant(they just love to listen). headphone.gif

My interpretation is as follows:

Normally audiophile is music lover but music lover needs not to be an audiophile.

It seems like u have to be a music lover first before u r "upgraded" to audiophile.

Once u r "upgraded" to audiophile, broadly speaking, u may either join the Pro-Sound Clan or the Pro-Music Clan.

Some of the characteristics of a Pro-Sound Clan man/woman may be more on the harder stuff, he/she is a tweaker, a system/brand matcher, a DIYer, brand studyer(a person that have a lots of info/knowhow on a particular brand), cable studyer, etc.

Some of the characteristics of a Pro-Music Clan man/woman may be more on the softer stuff, he/she wants the system to produce the kind of music he/she is most fond of, the "emotional" effect his/her system can bring out, such as whether

the music reproduced sounds "live", "real", "true", etc. The harder stuff to them is to facilitate the kinds of abstract quality they sought after.

I think I m now in the "upgrading" process. laugh.gif

Of course, please don't take my words seriously laugh.giftongue.gif

Audiophiles - always play a set of music tracks with good recording to test and enjoy the capabilities of hifi or cans systems that he comes across. Tweaking and equipment upgrading are his path to sonic nirvana.

Music lover - enjoys listening to good variety of music selections, always expanding his collection of vinyl records, CD, DVD-A, SACD, MiniDisc, MP3, etc.....it's music that brings joys and life to them, not paying much attention to the equipment setting, cabling, power supplies, resonance control, EMI attenuation, 3D soundstage precision, bass decay definition, timbre control, etc. He may enjoy attending live concerts too.

More commonly, we could find guys with hybrids interests (at varying degrees) around us, and wiser ones achieve and measure their satisfaction not by dollars and cents, but via orgasm realised thru' attentive and frequent listening.

Just my 2 yen's worth. wink.gif

Audiophile - more focus on equipment

Music Lover - more fous on music laugh.gifhaha.gif

hehe....sometime can merely differentiate them by this...i also duno how to put...hm..should i consider myself an audiophile?

i would say,if i am,i would be a learner in audiophile smile.gif is it nicer to put it in this way?hehe... tongue.gif

audiophiles like good sound

music lovers like good music

dont dismiss my comparison, it may sound stupid at first look but there's a lot of thought behind it.

I don't see the significance of grouping yourself or naming yourself something.

When you call yourself audiophile, means you must follow strictly what's required to be one. When you name yourself musiclover, you also need to obey the guide of a musiclover.

Let's just enjoy the music.. or sound whatever it is and forget about all the names.

being an audiophile is not about having the equipment. Its about being able to hear the difference.