Sign in to follow this  
mychew

Whats the difference between a music lover and an

audiophiles have 20 disc. all reference recordings and demo disc.

music lover have 2000 albums.

Evil has got it right - in addition an audiophile IMO need not be a music lover. He loves audio gear partly to satisfy a desire to have the best (the best car, the best apartment, watch). He also may have more than one system and has very few playback software.

A music lover is someone who enjoys music above all else.

Most of us here are music enthusiasts (LOL). Somewhere between the audiophile and the music lover.

IMO, audiophile species evolve from music lovers and only some of them get lost in the constant search for equipment to bring them closer to live music or henceforth pegged as the sonic truth. During this evolution, software collection will be limited to audiophile recordings and test discs. Repertoire will also become narrower.

However, not all audiophiles deviate from the path of music lovers. Besides the mainstream race of audiophiles, this is especially so amongst those who remained in the dark-side ie. vinyl fanatics.

ohmy.gif interesting Mackie. laugh.gif

They want it to sound like live music eh? Is that possible? or can you only get really close with say a $10000 loud speakers setup. unsure.gif

Wortel: Well my system costs 2-3 times more and it's still a long, long way from sounding like live music. As yet, such pursuits are futile.

As I see it, try to get the most out of one's music system whatever the outlay instead of dumping money chasing a dream. It's more justifiable to spend extra money in raising the degree of one's pleasure and enjoyment in music.

Edited by Mackie

Id just like to have a stereo that I could show off to me mates. tongue.gif

haha.gifhaha.gif

I gotta convince my dad to buy a stereo.gif .

Now that my mum left us mellow.gif she can't complain. haha.gif

My dads always wanted to get one but mum always held him back. He did have one when I was little a full vinal setup. I think that got flogged. unsure.gif

Good to have a father and son sharing the same hobby. However, I'm sadden that your mum has left ya. sad1.gif

Wortel, why your mum hate it?It seems that both my mum and dad are music lovers, therefore when my dad get a home setup when i was still inside my mum's tummy, she did not stop my dad from buying it smile.gif maybe a couple who both love the music is always the best match? happy.gif

My mum more into the TV. unsure.gif

My dad has a small stereo in his office to listen to radio all day.

My mums just a fuddy duddy. tongue.gif

I still love and miss her very much. It's her birthday on Aug 5th Im gonna call her up. call.gif

Not gonna happen with my mum.

This is going OT. even though it is a sensitive subject. Lets just let it be.

Edited by Wortel

See one more headphone owner...wonder what he use it for....just hang it arounf his neck...another one maybe a gaming cans again...hm...duno them too...

Besides audiophiles and music lovers, i think there is a third kind....videophiles. Does anyone know the true profile of a videophile....not just his interests on watching good & high spec videos but also how his taste of music influence his choice of gears in putting the system together....string of names like Proceed, Lexicon, Runco, Faroudja, Barco, Sunfire came into my mind.

Good Evening,

Dig up a good old thread. :P

If you would ask me again, my humble analogy between a music lover and an audiophile is still the same as per what I had mentioned 3 moons ago. :yes:

Now then I know that I wrote alot, last time. :))