grm203

Newbie need some help

Hi this is my first post.Need some help from u experts. :helpsmilie:

Currently planning to get a Grado SR60, usually my music of preference are female vocals. Eg:Madeleine Peyroux

Got a few questions to ask..

1) Is my choice of Headphones suitable for this genre(Vocals)?

2)My source would be from my PC's..songs ripped in lossless format,got a Xtrememusic card plugged to it.Is this OK? Cos i heard sound cards introduce "artificial sounds" to their outputs..

Planning to get the headphone from Adelphi( damm last time actually past by there everyday to work but never even step inside )..got any other better lobangs? Any other purchases i must make? I willing to spend up to SG$400..maybe higher once i get my pay lol.

Grado SR60 is a good starter headphone and is pretty all rounder for the price, whether or not they are suitable for vocals will greatly depend on your music preference and therefore testing them before you buy is a wiser choice than asking around forums.

In regards to the sound card question, I'm no expert so perhaps some other gurus can help him.

The shop in Aldephi that carrys Grado is call "Music by Design" and other than them would be "Ahem" Stereo at Causeway point.

For $400 of budget, you have plenty of choices.

for sound card.. it is better to get an external DAC(a.k.a external soundcard) as it will sound better due to the lack of e.m.i and noisy power supply that affects internal pci soundcard. a few options will be the fubar 2/3 which is available at jaben or emu 0404 usb from creative(i'm eyeing it). fubar 3 and emu 0404 usb both have internal headphone amplifer.

Actually, maybe the OP should listen to other brands of full size headphones.

Personally i think the grados and allesandros are pretty good with vocals. But if one listens to a senn/bayer/AT.. it'll provide a different sound signature.. bigger soundstage etc... So please do not limit yourself to just a pair of headphones ;)

Hi, been awhile since i updated by thread..

Anyway i got the Alessandro MS-1 and a FubarIII, now the vocals sounds so :DD , much better than my MX5021 speakers IMO..

Would like to personally thank Wilson from Jaben Network for his good services :)) , okay time to burn -in my headphones :cans: