Sign in to follow this  
VI6R0KU

Recommendation 4 headphones $120 below

Well been reading reviews and stuff all over so I tot I shud get an opinion. :rclxub:

Looking 4 a $120 & below :cans: tat has a neckband style and it shud hav some isolation. Frm wat I noe the

SH PMX-200 seems 2 be my only choice -_- ....hope you guys can broaden my options as the free headphone I got (creative HQ-65) sucks!

BTW: i'm usin a psp 2 churn my songs. I listen 2 mostly Rock & a little metal, bands like, disturbed, oomph, rammstein, Chevelle...and alot more. mostly normal rock and medium-hard rock :party: (duno if this matters..)

if you are willing to forget about neckband style, AKG K81DJ sounds like a perfect match 4 u :)

ya i guess i hav to consider it if my options are limited but hope to hav some neckband options, cause i hav a hair do....spiky so headbands are surely gonna mess it up. glad 2 find this site and glad 2 noe tat there is a place in Singapore tat lets u test headphones. will be goin there this weekend.

Edited by VI6R0KU

IEMs provide better isolation compared to closed cans.

Does not disturb your hair too. :grin:

Willing to try? :think:

For <$120, you could get the Mylarone X3s, Creative EP630s, ATH-CK7.

IEMs provide better isolation compared to closed cans.

Does not disturb your hair too. :grin:

Willing to try? :think:

For <$120, you could get the Mylarone X3s, Creative EP630s, ATH-CK7.

hmmm true. btw i noe we can test can but can we test earphones 2?

Totally. Jaben has a variety of IEMs and Cans for you to try.

I don't know whether stereo has a plethora of phones to try on, but they do let you try earphones too.

Just one thing, don't try the ones that are out of your budget or the ones that offer a better sound.

You'll find the sound to be "WHOA WHOA WEE WAA" and then compare it to your cheap ones.

Stereo Electronics allows you to try on headphones as well (unless they have made some sudden change in policy).

I'd advocate trying something better, just for the fun of it, so that you can know what to expect from a headphone/earphone which is above your price range. The Orpheus sure sounded good, but I don't have the temptation to upgrade from the K601 I have now (mainly due to financial constrains and lack of approval from the "relevant authorities").

Totally. Jaben has a variety of IEMs and Cans for you to try.

I don't know whether stereo has a plethora of phones to try on, but they do let you try earphones too.

Just one thing, don't try the ones that are out of your budget or the ones that offer a better sound.

You'll find the sound to be "WHOA WHOA WEE WAA" and then compare it to your cheap ones.

You probably haven't step into stereo yet, in terms of range I don't think any shop in Singapore can match them. And yes, they allow you to try headphones and earphones. Best guy to look for is Aron.

-ohn' date='25 Jul 2007, 10:12 AM' post='93298']

You probably haven't step into stereo yet, in terms of range I don't think any shop in Singapore can match them. And yes, they allow you to try headphones and earphones. Best guy to look for is Aron.

hahaz i did went there 2 try the cans the 1st tym round. they didn't hav much models that matched my specifics ( i 2 picky) ^_^ anyway i just went on to try headband headphones but didn't lyk how it felt and messed up my hair. :ppth: felt so bad for the guy servin me...tried a few and didn't buy any. :blush:

so I think i'll hop by again and try the IEMs suggested here... btw i prefer my songs not to be too bassy just enough bass to have some colour in the song. as I said abv i listen 2 medium-hard rock and sometym j-pop so if the bass is 2 much, I might get brain damage... :rclxub:

so which of the 3 the guy abv recommended suits me best?

Edited by VI6R0KU

Try the Mylar3s. Suitable for your listening tastes or the Mylar XB if the 3s are too bass shy. They're available exclusively at Jaben - The Adelphi lvl 4.

Yeah. They're cheap and sound pretty good to me. Better than a lot of IEMs that are in the <$150 price range. I find the Mylars bass tight and adequate, at least for me. If you are used to listening music that have lotsa bass, go for the Mylarone XBs.

I've been to stereo john (like dozen of times), and i live <1km away from Causeway Point. Normally i just go there to look around, but i've never auditioned some phones over there. I know the range of products is whoa. But do they let you test all of them?

VI6R0KU, i have the EP630 and the mylars sound much better in terms of clarity, mids, highs and tighter bass. If you like bass, go fot the EP630. If you want clarity, go for the mylars. I don't have the ATH-CK7, so i don't know.

grados are made for rock music!!! :party:

and especially music from the 70s and 80s like Bee Gees, Scorpions, Kansas and all...

Tragedy by Bee Gees my fav coz fits my SR60... wooo hoooo!!!!! OMG haha... :DD

grados are made for rock music!!! :party:

and especially music from the 70s and 80s like Bee Gees, Scorpions, Kansas and all...

Tragedy by Bee Gees my fav coz fits my SR60... wooo hoooo!!!!! OMG haha... :DD

Now, now, that's not fair to the Grados. :)) I was just listening today on my SR60 to my computer, with AlienDAC and PINT amp, Foobar playing some Andre Bocelli and it was heavenly.

Now, now, that's not fair to the Grados. :)) I was just listening today on my SR60 to my computer, with AlienDAC and PINT amp, Foobar playing some Andre Bocelli and it was heavenly.

not fair?? :shocking: haha.. well i use to think SR60 good for classical then i tried rock and progressive.. man to me SR60 fare better with those than to classical.. still prefer my LHS365 for classical... :D