Sign in to follow this  
skatropic

Um1 or Mylar3?

Try it with the Xtra X1 maxxed! The sound is way above expectations I must say. Have tried X3s with other amps but I found its synergy with X1 maxxed to be real good.

Hello guys, i have not been posting for quite some time now. Regarding the mylars with amp, they sound great.

I am using a xenos 0HA-RHP and the sound quality is enhanced a lot compared to my MS1. The bass quantity and quality gets almost as close as the MS1, only less impact, which is ok since all IEMs are like that. The mids and highs are improved slightly(audible) , but the bass is more prominent.

i have both the UM1 and the X3

if your going for comfort and budget is not a problem, by all means, go fr the UM1, i've heard rave reviews abt the comfort level of UM1 and i wasn't disappointed one bit. other then the occasional thug frm the wires when your walking. i couldn't recall plugging into a pair of IEMs. though some ppl may not like it as it covers the whole of the ear. its isolation is very good.

the X3 gives me a cheap and flimsy feel. however, the strong bass, cheap pricing and reasonable sound quality makes up for it.

ratings for um1

build : 7/10(transparent looks damn 80s)

comfort : 9/10(if you dont mind it covering the whole of your ear)

SQ : 8/10

ratings for x3

build : 6/10(flimsy rubberized material)

comfort : 7/10(if you like the airy feel around the ears, u'll like it)

SQ : 7.5/10