chynakym

Something old...something new.....NEW INFO!

Noob question here...

May i ask how you did to get the white portion done?

Looks like some kind of clay or something but i cant make it out

Read in a for sale/trade thread in another forum where someone wanted to sell or trade an almost new etymotic er4-s/p for a pair bose comfort phones with noise cancellation so its different strokes for different folks I guess.

Edited by kelso

Noob question here...

May i ask how you did to get the white portion done?

Looks like some kind of clay or something but i cant make it out

If you read his second post, the one with the review, his mod is mentioned:

There are still however, a few more modifications required to tame the leaks and bottom frequencies. So what I did was get my hand on some fast setting epoxy that you can knead. I sealed both the front vent and also the rear port so as to ensure that the earphone is properly sealed. It then took me all of 10 mins, waiting for it to set and thereafter shape it to my preference. In less than 30 mins, we are ready for the listening test.

:))

If you read his second post, the one with the review, his mod is mentioned:

:))

Oh my.... how could I have missed that.... :blink:

Anyway another question to TS, does using the epoxy makes it uncomfortable?

Edited by jhyun

Hmmm... I wonder if it was possible to use silicon gel instead so I can get the "transparent" look....hmmmm

You can try but I have a problem with silicon gel.....it takes too long a time to set and you need to have a mold to maintain the shape in place as it is curing.

Liquid silicon releases vinegar as it cures and hardens (acetic acid) - you might want to consider this. Can't be good for the electrical bits in this.

30years of professional listening, im guessing your nearing 50 plus 60? and you're recommending a 31.90 in ear? you dont have much of a decent system i presume? your words are oh so pathetically amusing. And that fella who wrote that amusing article, hes 80years old. Even at 50 his ears should have already started to deteriorate/fail, just like yours, chy. :) Not trying to be mean, but i dont think you can deny that.

Edited by papaya86

Hi Papaya86....I am glad that there are so many of people like you around that are passionate in your hobbies. I am really not irritated by what you are saying as everyone is entitled to their opinion but sadly, the more you write the more you show how ignorant you really are. And to quote your words..."Not trying to be mean, but i dont think you can deny that." :yeah:

I have been checking my article and failed to find anything written that is a personal attack on you and your rights to listen to whatever you want? You mean the sharing of my fondness for a 31.90 earphones is a crime? Have you bought any Koss or the OVC? Perhaps more readers should comment if I have been harsh in my article in whatever manner or form.

In anycase, I rest my case and you can carry on ranting if you like.

Edited by chynakym

papaya86, grow up.