Sign in to follow this  
kongxh

Total Bithead

hi guys,

i'm new here... in fact i dont even have a pair of cans or a portable amp! Although this situation is going to change very soon - because all your personal reviews are too tempting!

Trawling the various sites for a portable amp, i came across the Headroom Total Bithead. Now, according to the reviews at sites like Dansdata and Stereophile it seems like a quite decent amp. However, i dont seem to be able to find any local reviews on the Total Bithead. This, added to the possible biasness of the 2 previous sites mentioned (they're affiliated to Headroom) has made me wary about how good it actually is.

Could you guys who have experience with it care to rate it relative to other comparative amps? (eg iBasso T1, Electric Avenues PA2V2, Practical Devices XM4 and the Go-vibe 6)

PS: I'm not a basshead :-)

I have an Airhead bought from US. I fed it through a Zen NX using WAV and 329 kb. I was happy with it. It is sturdy but not much of a looker. But compared to my Hornet (must really burn-in), the I think the Hornet wins.

Hmm yeah i guess the hornet really is 1 X Very Good Amp!

However, it is much more expensive than the Total Bithead, and i'm not sure if i should invest so much until maybe i'm a bit more familiar with using amps.