shampoosuicide

Need a <$300 DAC or amp for my iMac

Hello!

My current setup consists of an iMac, accompanied by a Sennheiser HD 595 (to be replaced with the Grado SR80). I'm looking at upgrading the other components of my system.

Should I get an amp or a DAC first? And what DAC or amp would you recommend for <$300?

Thanks!

Can try a dared mp5 as well, altho built in dac won't be as good as a dedicated...

Can try a dared mp5 as well, altho built in dac won't be as good as a dedicated...

Second the D1. It's DAC and amp is supposed to be one of the best out there for its price and slightly more.

I am all for the D1 too. It's a little more than $300 but it's sound is very good stock. with some opamp rolling, it is supposed to rival DACs worth more than $500 and amps worth more than $500. Lots of possibilities there. :)

Hi, im fairly newbie here, doing my research

can i ask , if this ibasso D1 works well when hooked up with Multimedia or bookshelves speakers ?

or does it just work best with headphones only ?

i m wondering if i could hook up Ibasso D1 dac/amp with an aego-m

or it doesn't really matter since the aego-m is already an active mm speaker.

If you're planning to use the D1 to power your bookshelves, then you'll probably need a T-amp as there isn't enough juice in the D1 to do so.

Alternatively, you can google "travagans" for a DAC+AMP combo that can drive both headphones and bookshelves with ease. The sound aint too shabby either, it has been reviewed by skylab of head-fi.