Sign in to follow this  
Yankee

Creative Zen M or Apple Ipod Video

hello guys.

Im a new member in the forum. I would some recommendations between these two player in in term of

clarity, Bass & Durability. Currently I'm using UM1 on my N73.

Thanks for helping out.

SQ can be contested. Apple lineout would be better while headphone out wise Creative can be said to be better in the sense that things sound more natural and bassier while Apple has that plastic, unnatural sound sometimes. With respect to the bassier bit, some call it coloured but for others its an added bonus. So with regards to bass, ZVM takes the cake.

For clarity, both are fine, much would depend on your headphones in this case.

And durability, well even though Apple looks more fragile, I've had more friends bring their ZVM for servicing and do note that I've more friends using the iPod. So that says something eh?

Since you didn't ask on issues of aesthetics, price, other features, etc shall stop here.

Many might feel that the ZVM's a much better bargain. not only locally but abroad as well - recording functions/radio etc. It is also less picky with music formats (it plays WMA files)

You can also use a line-out on the ZVM which can help improve the SQ (similar to the Ipod) but that would mean that you'd have to venture into the world of amps :)

After all that, I've got an Ipod and I'm a happy man :)

That much is true too but I guess if you compare on the basis of lineout, I would go ZVM, assuming the lineout quailtiy of both are the same. Becuase ZVM does have the upper hand in terms of features. Yet, iPod would be good for would be modders (iMod anyone?) and also rockbox(ers?).

I like both iPod and ZVM for their user friendliness. Slightly different layout but both work great. Though ZVM does fare better in terms of features.

Is the sound quality on the Zen Vision M a good step up from the Zen Vision? Me and a friend were on the way home from the pub the other day when he was complaning about how his SR-60s may have bit it. So we tried it out, right there and then, with his Zen Vision and my iPod 5.5g, using just my 60s, and the same track (encoded at the same bitrate) on both players. The Zen Vision was miles behind the 5.5g in terms of clarity, and we also used his 60s at the same time and figured out that the problem wasn´t with his Grados, it was just that his Zen Vision sucked.

Not a highly relevant post, but I thought I´d say my tuppences´ worth.