Sign in to follow this  
Rico

Bassy Earphones for an iRiver

Hello bros,

was wondering how to replace my original iRiver earphones as the bass for it was really good. I am currently using a ATH-CK32, which almost made me cry upon first usage as the bass was not even there.

So, was wondering if i got the CK 5, would there be any improvement.

I am looking at a few things for an earphone,

1. Bass (Very Important)

2. Sound range must be good (Not particular)

3. Price must be below $70

still studying lah, although tempted to reach for those good BOSE or AT high end ones but, too painful to part with my cash yet.

Thanks

are you attaining a good seal?

the ck32s are canalphones.

one good symptom of not getting a good seal is thin, no bass.

Gene83-Seal is good, coz the sound insulation is really something you can't complain about.

however, the Ck32's bass really dissappoints me..

blurgal35- i have been using them since late march, early april at an average of abt 30-45mins a day so shouldn't be a problem. However, the SENN's fit in my ear isn't that good, insulation is a problem, length is a problem. the only thing that's good is that it's sound can compliment and support my player's sounds nicely.

btw, i did a bit of research on the MX400, its nominal impendance of 32 ohms seems to be almost twice of what other earphones have at around 16-18 ohms. is that the reason for the rich sound using the original earbuds?

when i am looking for an earphone with bass enough to project an iRiver's bass should i loook to have more impendance, sensitivity, output power or the frequency response range?

Cheers for replies. :rclxms:

Edited by Rico

erm... its around twice that price, maybe a little lesser.

basically under $70, 3 choices, Mylar3,Mylar2, or creative EP-630

the first one has good bass and a much better sound all around the spectrum, however the EP-630 and Mylar2 is a good choice for bassheads

giving me a choice, i would go for the Mylar2, after auditioning all 3 before :beer:

ok, thanks man. btw, does more bass eg. the MX400 mean more sacrificing of the clarity of the sound? coz the mx 400 doesnt compromise the clarity.

It's hard to say since clarity is different to different people, but generally bassy earphone don't sound very clear.

I think what you need is a earphone with similar clarity of your MX400 but with better bass, not bassy as in a lot of bass.

I will suggest you try the Cresyn E-630 with UE bi flange (to improve isolation and comfort) first and if the bass is still not what you wanted then work your way up to bassier earphones like Creative or others.

Edited by Stereo_Electronics

In term of a clear sounding earphone below $70, no doubt I'll recommend the cresyn e630/ue biflange combo ( add to only $50) excellent vocal reproduction and clean treble. It used to be a highly recommended earphone before the mylar's appeared, I have both the mylar3 and cresyn and I'll suggest the cresyn unless you find the bass too little for your preference.

My 2cents.