zore

Close Cans that sound similar to MS-1

hi folks,

i have been using sony earphones for a long time till i heard my fren's ATH ES3 and i was real impressed. that's when i got interested in getting better sounding earphones/headphones. after auditioning several headphones, i decided on MS-1.

the MS-1 sounds the nicest to me, love the pronouced. however, i was really disappointed when i stepped out of the building. the outside world makes them sound kinda crappy cuz of all of the noise. felt like i wasted my money. oh shucks.

anyways, i was hoping for some recommendations for Closed Headphones that sound somewhat similar to the MS-1? can anyone :helpsmilie: ?

zore.. i face the same situation as u..

hmm, ATH ES3 is closed.. y don't u wanna get it? does it lack in bass as compared to MS1? im considering to buy ATH ES3..

i wish i could take DemonicAngelz suggestion, but its not portable to me.. ..

zore.. i face the same situation as u..

hmm, ATH ES3 is closed.. y don't u wanna get it? does it lack in bass as compared to MS1? im considering to buy ATH ES3..

i wish i could take DemonicAngelz suggestion, but its not portable to me.. ..

The HD25-1 is pretty small and durable for it to be portable and brought around really. For me at least.

thanks DemonicAngelz for your suggestion. i juz googled the HD 25 and found some pretty decent reviews about it, with some comparisons made against the Grados.. i probably would audition them pretty soon. any idea wats their price range?

just curious, wat sort of cable upgrade do u mean?

blurgal35, i guess the trademark Grados are just too nice huh? i did try the ES7 and i tot of getting them... till i tried the MS-1. haven't tried the ES3 yet...

thanks DemonicAngelz for your suggestion. i juz googled the HD 25 and found some pretty decent reviews about it, with some comparisons made against the Grados.. i probably would audition them pretty soon. any idea wats their price range?

just curious, wat sort of cable upgrade do u mean?

blurgal35, i guess the trademark Grados are just too nice huh? i did try the ES7 and i tot of getting them... till i tried the MS-1. haven't tried the ES3 yet...

Between 330 to 350 depending on where you buy them.

The default HS25-1 uses steel cable. Which well, some say they are not hat good. I rather pay abit more to change to the default HD650 cables personally.

what the difference between hd25-1 and hd25sp, since recabling is the idea will hd25-1 and hd25sp have the same sound (after recabling)? hd25sp is suppose to be cheaper right?

what the difference between hd25-1 and hd25sp, since recabling is the idea will hd25-1 and hd25sp have the same sound (after recabling)? hd25sp is suppose to be cheaper right?

nope, they use different drivers.