unkle11

Laptop to regular amp?

Hi guys noob to PC audio here,

my situation is this, recently i've began to buy songs from itunes as some of the music i listen to are abit obscure and i can't find them in shops here, so i tried connecting my laptop (macbook pro) to the line in of my regular home amplifier, but the sound is horrible, i do realize the bit rate of the mp3 probably effects the sound quality, but is there a way to upscale the sound to almost CD quality? will a headphone amp work for my purposes? or the creative X-Mod seeing as it is also an external soundcard?

sorry if i posted this in the wrong section

thanks in advance :D

The best thing you can do is to improve the quality of your files. Songs off iTunes is pretty crappy. Gotta work on that first. No point amplifying a lousy signal. It makes things worse.

as nofing said, get higher quality mp3s.

then get a gd soundcard, i have the echo audio dj. it's pretty gd, n compact too. 0404 usb is another great choice, but much bulkier

if u can afford the bulk, connect the line out to an amp.

then amp to a gd set of phones.

take into consideration if u want yr system to be stationary or mobile to decide wat components u need.

looks like u have some way to go!

1st - Source is very important. Thus get Cds and rip them in lossless format

2nd- For a laptop, get a dac and amp. You can try the Fubar 3. Its a DAC and Amp together. No worries as the fubar 3 has a usb connector.