Sign in to follow this  
yoshiki

iriver in singapore

what happened to iriver in singapore? i only see audio house selling outdated iriver products.. what happened to the newer models like x20 and clix? no distributor in sg anymore? read about pple in other forums shipping the newer models in..

Think it takes time, probably lots of paperwork and stuff. I also asked about iRiver products at shops before and they said they were waiting for the shipments to come in. So we'll just have to wait. Maybe it'll be in time for Comex with some great bargains too?

oh ok.. i thought the distributor already stepped out in singapore cos in their website dont state the iriver office.. any idea where is their office or website address?

Maybe singapore market size not big enough so they pay little attention? Anyway, realized that price for these korean brands are a bit expensive, difficult to fight with apple.

fromjava, i don't think iRiver is from Japan. They are made in cchina but it's a US brand more popular in Hong Kong side, where iRiver's asia HQ seems to be located.

Most of us iRiver users are getting the Hong Kong version, which is usually more outdated in terms of firmware versions.

Cheers

Regarding iRiver, i heard alot of people saying that it is a very expensive mp3. I checked it out at the america website but the price was not that high what. Why is this so? The Website not trustable??

fromjava, i don't think iRiver is from Japan. They are made in cchina but it's a US brand more popular in Hong Kong side, where iRiver's asia HQ seems to be located.

Most of us iRiver users are getting the Hong Kong version, which is usually more outdated in terms of firmware versions.

Cheers

iriver is a korean brand. as for firmware, it can be easily updated by downloading from the net.

Regarding iRiver, i heard alot of people saying that it is a very expensive mp3. I checked it out at the america website but the price was not that high what. Why is this so? The Website not trustable??

Huge mark up, man....

The new distributor (mp3 technologies) is bringing u20 and x20 into singapore...btw, did anyone went to the thread I posted in the classified and got the clix2 from there??

Edited by _m0r0n_